Need Help! power outage, now Mach3 can't find ESS

Thread: power outage, now Mach3 can't find ESS

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question power outage, now Mach3 can't find ESS

as the title says, i my CNCRP router was on but not running when i had a brief power outage

now when i turn it on i get the following message:
    "client board does not reply"
    http://i.imgur.com/rAp2WR8.png

if i click no it brings me here:
    http://i.imgur.com/Ci1zHH1.png

i don't remember setting this up when i assembled this machine, so it may have come from one of the XML files.

the possibilities, as i see it, are the ESS is dead and needs to be replaced or the computer just forgot to settings and can't find it, i'm hoping its just a matter of entering the right information.

i emailed this to CNCRP too, but can anyone help?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: power outage, now Mach3 can't find ESS

Based on the error you are seeing, I would agree that something has gone wrong with either the PC settings for Ethernet communication, or with the ESS itself. I would suggest running the SCU (Smoothstepper Configuration Utility) again, which may be able to resolve the issue. You can find our instructions for this in the software setup guide on our site:

CNC Software Setup Guide | CNCRouterParts

If that doesn't resolve things, it would be good to see what the lights look like on the Smoothstepper in your system. It's possible something got corrupted on the ESS during the power failure, and that you will need to use a different utility to fix this. If that's the case, give us (or Warp9) a call and we can offer assistance with this.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i ran the SCU and it was able to find the ESS, but it didn't fix the problem.

i'll be working a lot the rest of the week at my day job, but if i can't make any progress by then i will give CNCRP a call on friday to see if i can make any progress on the phone.

i will try to keep the post up to date for anyone else who has this issue.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jueston View Post
    i ran the SCU and it was able to find the ESS, but it didn't fix the problem.

i'll be working a lot the rest of the week at my day job, but if i can't make any progress by then i will give CNCRP a call on friday to see if i can make any progress on the phone.

i will try to keep the post up to date for anyone else who has this issue.
    I inquired CNCRP about using a ups battery backup to prevent damages because of surges or power failures. I was trying to figure out the required size that I would need to be able to have time to stop and return to zero before it dies so I would be able to resume later. Never did get a call back or a reply to my email though. Good luck, hope you find a solution.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i spent a little more time working on this issue, i put the ESS in configuration mode and ran the configuration utility. after removing it from configuration mode, Mack3 is communicating with the ESS but according to the lights on the ESS the Estop is activated and thus i can't move anything in Mack3. i don't know why the ESS believes the Estop is activated or how to reset this, but i'll work on it more tomorrow.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i went through the original software set up that i did when i first got the CNCRP and updated all the XML and other setting files. when i powered it up it worked like it should.

i don't really know which setting fixed it but now its working again.