Newbie Mach3 Step per calculation for CNCRP Pro

Thread: Mach3 Step per calculation for CNCRP Pro

Question Mach3 Step per calculation for CNCRP Pro

I have a 4x8 CNCRP4896 Pro setup with Nema 34 motor on X and Y is 2038 and wondering how it was calculated? The step for the Z axis is 5080. Just trying to figure this out, so I can try to calculate my rotary setup step.

As I am trying to setup a rotary, A axis and having trouble calculating the step per for it. The dip setting on all the module output is 2000, where the dip setting is off, on, on, off for 5, 6,7 and 8 with nema 34 servos. The rotary setup I got is this one with a gear ratio of 1:4 and and angle of 0.45 degrees per step. A axis works, but unable to get the correct step per and wondering how CNC router parts got 2038 for x and y axis.

Any help is appreciated.

Be Bliss.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Step per calculation for CNCRP Pro

8000/360 = 22.222222 steps/degree

2000 steps per rev, x4 for the 4:1. 8000 steps per rotation.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Mach3 Step per calculation for CNCRP Pro

Thanks ger -- those numbers should be correct for our default setup of 2000 steps per revolution that we use on our drivers.

The steps per unit for the X and Y axes on our machines is based on several factors that are different from your rotary setup, including a 3.2:1 belt reduction and a 1" pitch circle on the spur gear that contacts the rack. You can read more about this calculation on the PRO rack and pinion drive listing:

PRO Rack and Pinion Drive, NEMA 34 | CNCRouterParts

I've re-posted the bit about steps per unit below:

MACH Settings for R&P:

The R&P system is based on a pinion with a 1" pitch circle. The total linear distance traveled per revolution of the pinion is thus 3.14159". With the 3.2:1 reduction, this means that the distance traveled per motor revolution is 3.14159 / 3.2, or 0.9817". If you have a stepper with 200 steps per revolution, this means you have 200 / 0.9817" = 203.718 steps per inch, or 0.004908" per step. With 10x microstepping , you would have 2037.18 steps per inch, or 0.0004908" per step.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts