I use my own version of the Auto Zero script. I made a little tool out of a flat plate and I also made an edge finder (for x and y) that uses another script I wrote. I added a 1/8" mono female plug to connect either tool to the port. Well, once, I set the zero script running and here comes the tool (nice and slow of course) and it hit my plate and didn't want to stop! Broke a brand new 1/8 bit darnit. I also forgot to connect the alligator clip to the bit once. The Z axis makes some bad noise when you do that!

So, I added a couple of lines that check the LED for that pin and will just sit there until it comes on. So, I get everything in place, click on the button, then the script waits on my to touch the bit with the plate before it starts the zeroing process.

While (GetOEMLed(825)=0)
Wend

This is also a good lesson in safety - always where your safety glasses....a broken bit can send shards flying. Yes, I had mine on.

For reference, I state that I wrote the scripts....but I was heavily inspired by many that are out there already, so many thanks to those folks!

Tony