PRO2448 limit sensor question.

Thread: PRO2448 limit sensor question.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default PRO2448 limit sensor question.

Hi CNCRP builders...

I'm installing the limit sensor on my build and have a question about the sensor cable routing. Do you route the cabling inside the drag chain or did you run it in its own tray? Mainly Y+ and Y-. Z and X can easily be routed through the drag chain. My controller is mounted on the garage wall.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ifeliciano; 02-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: PRO2448 limit sensor question.

I put it right alongside the motor cables in the cable chain.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

I just put together a CNCRP Benchtop Pro with the CNCRP Plug and Play NEMA 23 Control System. I ran all of the cables to my motors and proximity switches through the same cable chains. With some fear (and tenative plans to add a separate chain), I also ran the shielded cable from my VFD to the spindle through the same cable chain. I have had no problems. YMMV

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys. I looked and several pictures, but most do not depict the sensor cable routing clearly. Not even the instructions at CNCRP. Motors, and sensor cables in the gantry (X, Z) are not a problem, those routed thru the drag chain easily.

My main concern are the SLAVED, Y+ and Y-. I just don't see how to route those thru the drag chain. Every scenario I visualize while running those thru the drag chain ends up with damaged cables. I think im just going to get some schedule 40 pvc or actual electrical conduit and make a channel for those three sensor cables and the EMO cable.

Downloads
    Uploads

On my Pro4824, Y- on front left, Y+ on left rear & slaved on front right, run under table to control box. The rest of the sensor cables are routed in drag chain.

Downloads
    Uploads

I see. For the proximity sensors on the main CNC that don't make sense to go through the drag chain I bought cable tie mounts as follows. Also used these for the E-stop cable routing. Since I wasn't sure how strong the adhesive was on the cable tie mounts, I soaked them in water with dish soap and removed the adhesive from the number I needed. Then I cleaned them with alcohol, let dry and then placed them in a row side by side on the 3M double-sided tape. Then I used a razor knife to cut each mount from the roll of tape. Then I cleaned the areas on the machine inner rails with alcohol where I wanted to place wire mounts. Let dry and then press the cable tie mounts firmly. Wait a few minutes and you can start cable tying your wires. I've attached a couple pictures of how I used them.

Commercial Electric 1 in. UV Mounting Base - Black (100-Pack)-HW-4ACB - The Home Depot
    Commercial Electric 8 in. UV Cable Tie - Black (1000-Pack)-GT-200STB - The Home Depot
    3M Scotch 1 in. x 1.66 yds. Extreme Mounting Tape-414DC-SF - The Home Depot
    Klean-Strip 1 qt. SLX Denatured Alcohol-QSL26 - The Home Depot

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PRO2448 limit sensor question.-20170212_193728665_ios-jpg   PRO2448 limit sensor question.-20170212_193811007_ios-jpg  
    David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks guys!!