Table flatness

Thread: Table flatness

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Table flatness

Hi,

New builder here of a Pro modified CRP2448. Im building the cnc router stand/table out of lumber at the moment until I can save up for a custom built leg kit. How flat does the table generally have to be before I begin building the base?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Table flatness

I just finished a Standard 2448. I made the base out of 2x4's. Honestly, I got it as close as possible with lumber and planned to shim it for level. Turns out, I didn't need to. The machine was so rigid that it held its own. I worried and fretted and such for a while, but it worked out without any fuss. I did flatten the spillboard after everything was done. So far, everything is working pertty well. Let me qaulify that by pointing out that I have not fully utilized the full range. Once I get out there at 48", I might see something different!

Enjoy the new toy!

Tony

Downloads
    Uploads

Tony. Thanks for your reply. I too have been consumed over the flatness of the table. I leveled it as best I could, but my table is slightly racked, about 1/8" on the long side. I'll shim it a bit to bring it close enough, but wont worry too much after that.

Downloads
    Uploads

This is my concern to , and I was going to buy a Jointer in order to make sure all the wood on the top was as straight as an arrow . I have a Planer , just need the jointer now .
    And yes , I also thought that a guy could shim as neccesary. I'm wanting to have storage underneath mine ,a 4/4 Pro version if I ever buy it , and I'm not liking the idea of using flimsy metal legs . Plus when the legs are aluminium or steel , you end up with a bunch of cross members impeding access underneath.

Guys I would be interested in seeing how your stands turned out if you don't mind posting pics

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night