New Machine Build Pro4896 build finished in NY

Thread: Pro4896 build finished in NY

Post Pro4896 build finished in NY

Just wanted to update the status of the CNC build as its has been long overdue.

I purchased most of the material as kits from CNC Router parts and assembled it myself over a 2 month period working full time and over time at my regular job. So far I have been happy with my build and it has been performing well for the past few months. The learning experience I got in the past 6 months has been second to none and well worth it. I took the easy route buying mostly everything from CNC Router Parts and I have been very happy with this over all experience. There were few minor issues along the way, but everything solved rather easily and the support throughout the build was good.

I know they have a video out that makes the overall build much easy to tackle. I wished they had the video or a build WIKI available for reference issues and problem other might have faced during their build when I was building mine.

List of things I purchased for my 4 ft x 8 ft table.

I have also build a vacuum table system to hold down full sized sheets that connects to my dust collection system. I don't use the vacuum alone as its probably may not be sufficient.

Including few pictures I took along the way.

Legs painted White

Aligning Table

Rails Assembled

Cable Track assembly

Cable Track assembly

Vacuum adapter cut out on table

Vacuum table glue up

Another view of Vacuum table glue up

Cleaner view of Vacuum table glue up

Planing of rail placement

Rough layout of table top

Inside the spoil board

Inside the other half of the machine

Rail guides placed

Holes drilled for the vacuum.

It has been a pleasant journey so far. Still have few minor issues that needs to resolved. Started doing some commissioned work already. If any one in the Westchester, NY area would like to make a visit, don't hesitate. Questions and suggestions are welcomed. Thank You for reading this post.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pro4896 build finished in NY

Very nice! I wonder how your vacuum hold down will work. I'm pretty sure that there isn't enough static pressure differential with a dust collector, but it would be convenient for sure. I use a small vac table and a shop vac for milling foam...super noisey though.

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome build!
    How I wish I could get a 4/8 in my garage . I'm debating to purchase the 4/4 pro version in the future , and was wondering how your finding there new linear bearing system ?

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

I never had their roller bearing system to compare to, but the linear bearing is awesome. Just don't drop them during initial installation with the plastic sleeves off . Overall I am happy with my system. Just wished I went with a 5'x10' system in the beginning as I am working on a rotary axis and loved to have the convenience of not removing the rotary setup when not in use.

I use my dust collection system as vacuum for holding plywood. It works pretty good for me though I still use few clamps in conjunction and keep an onion skin for the last pass.

Be Bliss.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for the info .
    It's funny you mention 5/10 , as that would be ideal seeing as some Baltic birch comes in 5/5 .
    It seems there's no happy medium for me , so I thought instead of taking up a ton of my shops room with a 4/8, I'd just settle for a 4/4 .
    I could get a 4/8 in if I had to , but I'd have to oust some other machine .

I forgot to ask , but the 4/4 version was a one piece cold rolled steel rail , but if you wanted a 4/8 size , you had to splice the cold roll steel the V bearings rode on , plus the gear rack I believe .

I'm curious about the new version you have , and wondering if the linear rails on each of the sides in a single 8' length , meaning there not 2 pieces on each side?
    I guess I should ask if the gear rack is one or two pieces per side too.

Thanks in advance .

I don't actually know anything about CNC router tables , but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

Downloads
    Uploads

For my Pro4896 that I built in late December.. the linear rails were 112" in length so a 9' 4" full length. The table usable travel in y is just shy of 98" and the x travel is just shy 50" wide. The gantry travels off the end of the spoiler board about 15" to put the spindle at the end of the usable table length. There are two 52"gear racks on each side. I have no problem getting to all 4 corners of my 49" x 97" MDF spoilboard.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the info Beautiful looking setup you guys have there

The aluminum extrusion, linear rails and gear rack is not one single long piece. You join 2 pieces on each side to achieve the length for the 8ft long table. I guess you can get them in single piece with special request and pay the additional shipping charges. Plus if you get a 4 x 4 table and want to upgrade in the future to a 4 x 8, you just pay for the additional pieces.

Hope I answered your question.

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a Pro60120 with no splices; as you said, just extra cost and shipping though I don't know the difference. A splice wasn't an option in my mind so I didn't compare costs. And I primarily cut 5x5 Baltic Birch for my subwoofer business.

David Gage
    Deep Sea Sound

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I bought a Pro60120 with no splices; as you said, just extra cost and shipping though I don't know the difference. A splice wasn't an option in my mind so I didn't compare costs. And I primarily cut 5x5 Baltic Birch for my subwoofer business.
    I'm OCD , so splices would put me in an early grave . I'm just going with a 4/4 anyways , so if I ever have room to upgrade, I'll upgrade with the longer extrusions and pay the extra shipping .
    I like the fact that it can be upgraded to a larger size in the future , as at first I was going to buy a 4/4 Saturn from FLA . I'm 8 hour drive from cncrouterparts in Seattle , but unfortunately I haven't renewed my passport yet . I do have a trailer with a 11' cargo length.

My friend has a Pro audio company and requires bass bins now and then , but geez a 10/5 would be a monster. That would be ideal though