New Machine Build Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade

Since getting my machine in operation, I've completed 2 small projects for practice. Before attaching the first layer of my spoil board, I decided to go ahead with adding an additional cross member. With this complete I can edit my spoil board file and get it completed. Will try to take some video of cnc in operations and post soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-base-x-member-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Something I'm planning on doing with my machine is to slice the spoilboard with an 1/8" bit down the middle of the extra extrusion. That way I can remove the section closest to me by just loosening the bolts. The would allow work with projects requiring a lot of Z travel, as well as cutting things like dovetails by clamping them to the side of the extrusion.
    I know these kits have some travel past the spoilboard in the -Y direction, but by removing the forward 1/3 of the spoilboard would open up alot more real estate.
    So many projects, so little time . .
    Can't wait to see the video, GigaWatt!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-base-x-member-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That's a good idea since for certain types of projects. I'm still trying to decide if I want to use t-track or threaded inserts.

Last edited by GigaWatt; 05-05-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123