New Machine Build Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    You can just slide that channel over. Then move where the cable chain is attached. The chain is pretty much self supporting in that direction over a small distance.

Attachment 338846
    I'm going to make this change.
    Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

While waiting for my spindle to arrive, I've watched several VCarve Pro & Mach3 videos. I made a simple file in VCarve with my forum user id name and loaded the gcode into Mach3.
    The attached pic shows the results of first movements of my machine. I setup the file in VCarve as 11" X 8.5.". As you can see in the pic it ended up being larger. When I realized it would go over the paper, I held a paper on each end. My fancy plotter pen(lol) is modified to have 3/16" movement and is taped to z axis with duck tape. I set the file cut depth to .1"

Hopefully I will be milling a spoil board soon!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-forum-user-id-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-plotter-pen-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-plotting-jpg  
    Last edited by GigaWatt; 11-13-2016 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Spelling

Downloads
    Uploads

Looks like you may need to calibrate the steps if that was supposed to fit inside a letter size page.
    Other than that, it looks nice and smooth.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I ran the set steps calibration just a few minutes ago. The x axis on a 36" move traveled 37.7". The y axis on 20" move traveled 21.4". After calibration both axis were dead on. I ran the forum user id file again and it measured out to exact dimensions. The only problem this time, I had the z axis to low at the start thus the line on the left side. I'm looking forward to the spindle arriving so I can try some wood!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-user-id-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Not quite as impressive as a channel cut into vise jaws, but serves as a lesson all the same.
    Looks great.

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

I've received several parts in the last couple of days however I will not have time to install them for at least a week. I'm waiting on an 8020 order for 40 series extrusion to mount the control box on. I still need to order the equipment for spindle cooling. Hopefully this will all come together in the next couple of weeks so I can get started on some projects.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-parts-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-spindle-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-vfd-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

With Christmas and 2 honey dew projects over, I found 2 hours this morning to go through the boxes piling up in my shop. I purchased a Thermaltake 120mm X 240mm radiator, radiator mounting bracket, 2 - 120mm 120v low speed fans and a 120v 132 gph adjustable pond pump for my cooling system. I have a 2 gal square bucket for a sump. The unit is setting upside down from the way it will be mounted.

I'm going the control this equipment with one of the 120v relays in the CRP control box. I will also add a switch so I can have one fan or both running.

I also cut out and drilled the spindle bracket mount from 1/2" thick alum. Next drill the spindle bracket & mounting plate and tap the holes in the mounting plate to 8mm.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-rad-pump-1-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-spindle-mount-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I spent a couple of hours in the shop this morning. I built a bracket for the Z axis homing sensor out of 1/2" X 1 1/4" flat stock and 2" angle, both alum. Also drilled the 80mm spindle mount and drilled & tapped the mounting plate. I shouldn't have cheaped out on the 80mm mount and bought CRPs mount. If it causes problems I will make that purchase later.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-spin-mount-1-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-spin-mount-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I spent my time in the shop this morning cutting 30 series 80-20 for supports to permanently mount the control panel. Cutting and installing the cross supports was easy compared to mounting the panel by myself. I had to block up the panel to the correct height to install bolts through the panel into t-nuts. I plan to install another panel to mount the VFD. Tomorrow I plan on routing & securing all of the cables.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-supports-1-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-supports-2-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-panel-mount-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-panel-comp-jpg  

Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-panel-comp-2-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Due to previous commitments I've not touch my build for the past month. Attached some pics of my work this morning.

The compression fitting on the spindle wouldn't accept the hose I wanted to use, so I ordered 1/4" barbed brass fittings and installed them.

I need to support the hoses and cables on the backside of the gantry. I may ordered another section of cable tray and install for support.

Used 1-3/4" alum angle to make a bracket to mount the radiator to the 8040. The fans & pump are plugged into Relay 1 on the control box.

Mounted the WJ200 temporarily to a piece of 1/2" mdf. I will install an enclosure for the vfd when I make a decision on the size. I want it larger enough to install additional relays.
    Hopefully I can wire up the vfd tomorrow morning and get it setup.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-cable-hose-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-spin-made-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-rear-view-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-rad-jpg  

Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-wj200-jpg  
    Last edited by GigaWatt; 02-09-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

It looks like the wire to your Z-up proximity switch is not in the cable chain with the rest of the z-axis cables. I wonder if this wire may pinch or bind with up and down z axis moves.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DonFrambach View Post
    It looks like the wire to your Z-up proximity switch is not in the cable chain with the rest of the z-axis cables. I wonder if this wire may pinch or bind with up and down z axis moves.
    The Z proximity sensor bracket is fixed so the sensor wire does not move.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking Good! Getting close now.

Dave

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by GigaWatt View Post
    The Z proximity sensor bracket is fixed so the sensor wire does not move.
    Oops! Your build looks great!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How is the build coming?

Downloads
    Uploads

I just spent 2 hours stripping the outer jacket, peeling back the overall shield and removing the inner jacket on my igus CF35.15.04. After I give my fingers a rest, I'll land the cable in my Hitachi WJ200 VFD and then start on the control cable from the vfd to the CRP control box. Also tested my cooling lines, radiator and pump this morning, no leaks.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-cable-1-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm still making slow progress. I just finished running a dedicated 240V circuit for the spindle. I left 10' of extra cable from the plug to the vfd so I could move the cnc out from the wall and still keep it in operation. I will mount the computer monitor on the wall, waiting for a bracket. The unit is complete and in operation except for the spoil board. I'm ready to drill the first layer of the spoil board, using the cnc. However before I do that I have an additional cross member to install for added strength. I'm also waiting on 2 pieces of hdpe and other parts to cut & build dust collector shoe. More pics later

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-left-1-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-front-2-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-right-1-jpg   Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-cooling-jpg  

Pro 4824 Build & Upgrade-power-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice looking build and clean. Great job!!

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks good!!

Downloads
    Uploads

I've had my setup running for about 4 weeks on the manual vfd config and using the control panel on the Hitachi WJ200 VFD. Last week I decided to make the connection from the CRP control box to the vfd so I could use Mach3 for spindle control. On my first attempt, I couldn't get the spindle to start. After a trouble shooting phone call with Ahren, I discovered the control cable I purchased from McMaster- Carr was defective. All the conductors in the cable indicated continuity however the conductor connected to terminal #9, which provides 0-10V spindle speed control, was defective. When checked with an ohm meter, it had twice the impedance of the other conductors.

I ordered a new cable from Ahren. I connected the new cable today. On my first attempt the spindle would start but only at a very slow speed. After a search in the VFD Forum, I found settings for the WJ200 provided by Mastec54. After changing the setting, the spindle started and I had complete control with Mach3.

For anyone in the future using CRP control box and Hitachi WJ200 with 2.2 kW spindle, here are the settings I used.

In the vfd control wire connections, 1st row, Terminal #7 Fwd/Stop push in "L" & #8 DCM Com push in "1". 2nd row #9 AVI 0-10v push in "0" & #10 ACM Com push in "L".

Using the vfd control panel
    A001 - 01 Terminal Control
    A002 – 01 Terminal Control
    A004 - 400HZ
    A003 – 400Hz is Spindle base frequency
    A061 – 400HZ
    A062 – 0
    A082 – 230V/240V
    A151 - 0
    A152 – 400HZ
    A153 – 0
    A154 – 100
    A155 - 00
    B012 – 10 Amps of your spindle
    H003 – 2.2 KW this is your spindle kw rating
    H004 - 2 poles most of these spindles are only 2 pole

Now I can start on a dust collection shoe and finally make a decision on the type of spoil board I want and get that completed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast