Is this a problem?

Thread: Is this a problem?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is this a problem?

So I went to jog the machine and heard a metal on metal noise to which I noticed some screws had backed out of the plate on the Z and rubbed the dust cover plate as seen in the pic.

Now this portion of the assembly came assembled from CNCRP so I did not disassemble when putting the whole thing together.

After removing the top, motor, and partial disassembly of it I found something else.

Its hard to see because I could not get the angle with the camera work out and below the line of clearly visible bearings you should faintly see another line of bearings and it is missing 3 or so bearings.

Since I did not assemble this portion of the machine they were missing when it arrived.

So my question. Is this a problem or will it all be okay?

Thoughts?

Rob

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is this a problem?-screwbackout-jpg   Is this a problem?-bearings-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is this a problem?

Hi Rob,

It's common for there to be a gap between the bearings in the blocks, but typically I wouldn't expect to see a gap quite this large. Give us a call tomorrow and we can figure out the best way to move forward. Being a few bearings short will not adversely affect performance of the block or the axis, but we're also happy to replace the block if you'd prefer.

In general I wouldn't advocate disassembling the system in this way, as it's a good way to loose bearings if you aren't careful. If you need to tighten those bolts, it's possible to access them with the short side of an M6 allen wrench with the dust covers removed. I'm sorry the bolts were loose in the first place though -- we'll definitely pass this on to our assembly team to insure it doesn't happen in the future.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is this a problem?

Thanks Ahren,

If your sure the life of the block and it's performance is fine then I'm good with it. I noticed the anomaly and thought I'd ask.

Best,

Rob