Build Thread Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.

Thread: Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.

I was going to do a rebuild on my old wooden base seen in previous posts, but since the machine was mostly apart I decided to go ahead and build a new base. Like the rest of the base frame, I am using all 4080 extrusion for the legs and rest of the structure you'll see in the following pictures. Fortunately for me I have a place that distributes 80/20 extrusion less than an hour from my house. I went up and watched them cut all of the new pieces for the base and had them mill the holes for the anchor fasteners. The people at CPI Automation are great! Always super helpful and fast with getting me things that I need for my machines.

Onto the pictures of some of the parts all laid out.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160624_233200-jpg   Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160624_233118-jpg   Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160624_233044-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.

Here are some pictures of the parts from CNCROUTERPARTS for the upgrade. I sourced most of the hardware myself but all of the machined parts are from them. Great packaging and fast shipping!

Alright. I'll post more later tonight. I'm off now to go attack putting this adult erector set together!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160624_234155-jpg   Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160624_233507-jpg   Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160624_233520-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That is not going to work. You have green screw caps instead of red.
    Looks great. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    That is not going to work. You have green screw caps instead of red.
    Looks great. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Ha ha ha. Right. I'm honestly not a huge fan of red anyways really. When I reassemble the other machine as a plasma cutter, I plan on doing a way different color scheme on that machine. Pondering Spraying the red parts of this machine with Plastidip. We shall see how I feel when I get to that point though!

I have completed the leg assemblies. I figured it was only appropriate that I go the hockey puck leveler method since I live in Canada. I made the aluminum leveling blocks on the old machine before I broke it down. Thank goodness I had enough foresight for that. For two reasons. The first being that I couldn't see paying $15 per leveling block from 80/20. Secondly I could choose my own thread size. Decided going with 5/8-11. Which was the largest carriage bolt I could find locally.

I'm off to Lowe's to go grab some more thread locker! I plan to have this base portion standing before the night is over.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160625_185340-jpg   Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160625_185447-jpg   Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160625_192507-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ericclinedinst View Post
    Ha ha ha. Right. I'm honestly not a huge fan of red anyways really. When I reassemble the other machine as a plasma cutter, I plan on doing a way different color scheme on that machine. Pondering Spraying the red parts of this machine with Plastidip. We shall see how I feel when I get to that point though!

I have completed the leg assemblies. I figured it was only appropriate that I go the hockey puck leveler method since I live in Canada. I made the aluminum leveling blocks on the old machine before I broke it down. Thank goodness I had enough foresight for that. For two reasons. The first being that I couldn't see paying $15 per leveling block from 80/20. Secondly I could choose my own thread size. Decided going with 5/8-11. Which was the largest carriage bolt I could find locally.

I'm off to Lowe's to go grab some more thread locker! I plan to have this base portion standing before the night is over.
    What was the cost of the upgrade kit? I can't find anywhere on the CNCRP site.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

To my knowledge the "upgrade kit" hasn't been released yet. I probably paid a premium but it was worth it to me to have the parts in hand now. If you're interested in acquiring the parts for the upgrade, I'd contact Ahren or Cory directly.

I didn't buy all of the parts to do the upgrade directly from them. (linear rails)

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    What was the cost of the upgrade kit? I can't find anywhere on the CNCRP site.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, it's been a pretty crazy week and I haven't had much time to work on the machine. Here is the base all together though. I still have a bunch of gussets and aluminum angle plates that I'll be installing. I'm not 100% sure it even needs them because this thing is SOLID AS A ROCK!!

Linear Rail Upgrade PRO4896 with full extrusion base.-20160701_205706-jpg

In addition to it being super solid, you can now store full sheet goods under the machine because the bottom of the frame extrusions are free to mount to. Since the V-CON clamps are no longer there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Deleted and moved

Last edited by DaveCNCnewb; 07-03-2016 at 11:52 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Progress? Really looking forward to seeing your rebuild! Especially on that 8020 stand.