CNCROUTERPARTS plasma

Thread: CNCROUTERPARTS plasma

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CNCROUTERPARTS plasma

Hello all,

I'm looking into building a cnc plasma soon and googling around I came across a video of a cncrouterparts plasma table from cncrouterparts. I went over to the website and no plasma parts. You guys holding out on us or will you be releasing a kit and parts soon?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CNCROUTERPARTS plasma

Hi Chris,

We have had some delays in launching our line of plasma accessories, owing mostly to the development of the Torch Height Controller we are integrating with the system. We are still working on this, but it will probably be a little while longer as we finalize the details. There are some aspects of plasma cutting that make it more complicated than routing (touch-off sensing, torch height control, water table collection), so we want to make sure we have a robust solution before we launch officially.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

(....sorry for my bad english .... ;-)

Can we combine plasma and router? Swaping the torch and / or the water table?
    I will soon buy a 48/96 and for lack of space a swap would be awesome !!!

Downloads
    Uploads

We have designed the water tables we will be selling with the idea that people can cover them with a router spoilboard (if you only do occasional routing), or you can mount the water table on top of a normal spoilboard if you only do plasma once in a while. So it's certainly possible to do plasma and routing on the same machine.

That being said, the changeover between the two is not going to be a 5 minute affair. For routing, you likely will need to re-surface your spoilboard after you put it on. If you leave a spoilboard mounted permanently, you can take the water table on and off, but you will need to deal with draining the water to do this, or get some really strong friends to help

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,

The video also shows a 3D print head in action.

I guess that the change over from "router" to "3d printer" will be more easy... From the looks of it in the video, the 3d print head seems to be fitted into a 3.5" router mount, so going from one to the other would be quite simple ???

But the "3d printer" shown in the video seems to have a very high gantry... which is not desirable for routing purposes... So I guess that choices will have to be made into what is the primary function of the machine.

Either way, it will be very interesting to be able to switch between a additive and substractive process on the same machine.

(I already see the video on Youtube... Some guy fit both head in parallel. "3d print" something and the "route" it out of existance! :-))

I look forward to the official announcement!

Have a nice day!

AJ

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Nice to see you guys keep being innovative. Keep up the good work CRP!

Downloads
    Uploads

I have done plenty of routing on my table. I setup a small table spanning it with unistrut and then bolt my spoil board to it.
    I use a die grinder instead of a router. I use the same die grinder to scribe my parts when plasma cutting, but I do it with two sets of Gcode. When set like that, the die grinder floats and has a foot that is adjusted to get the correct scribe depth. Works great.
    When in router mode though, I lock the die grinder down

You guys wanting this from CRP know that you are in line behind me dont you?

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Pretty much that is what I'm thinking about doing. Basically making a large water tray that will go over my spoil board for plasma cutting and then remove it for when I route. I was thinking I was a little crazy but apparently I'm not the only one. I did see a THC output on my cncrouterparts CRP800-00E-8 electronics kit. I was going to send Corey an email to see how I would use it. I guess for now I'll have to go with Candcnc's THC

Quote Originally Posted by ahren View Post
    We have designed the water tables we will be selling with the idea that people can cover them with a router spoilboard (if you only do occasional routing), or you can mount the water table on top of a normal spoilboard if you only do plasma once in a while. So it's certainly possible to do plasma and routing on the same machine.

That being said, the changeover between the two is not going to be a 5 minute affair. For routing, you likely will need to re-surface your spoilboard after you put it on. If you leave a spoilboard mounted permanently, you can take the water table on and off, but you will need to deal with draining the water to do this, or get some really strong friends to help

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Downloads
    Uploads

That is what I will be replacing. Not because it's bad, but it is becoming outdated with the parallel port. I rarely even use the THC function anymore, but the rest of the CandCNC electronics work great. THC does too. My table is just so flat that it really isn't needed once I clamp my sheets down.
    It actually pierces thin sheet better without the THC on. It doesn't have the delay.
    It pierces thin sheet almost instantly.

Lee

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anyone heard any updates on this? Been over a year and can't find anything else on it in the forums.

Downloads
    Uploads

Ahren,
    We have had some delays in launching our line of plasma accessories, owing mostly to the development of the Torch Height Controller we are integrating with the system. We are still working on this, but it will probably be a little while longer as we finalize the details. There are some aspects of plasma cutting that make it more complicated than routing (touch-off sensing, torch height control, water table collection), so we want to make sure we have a robust solution before we launch officially.
    Do you develop them, they are not outsourced?

Downloads
    Uploads

CNCRP does have plasma listed now for sale. Been that way since May 2017 apparently.
    I did order a kit and have a thread going. I will keep it updated.

Lee