problem after problem

Thread: problem after problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default problem after problem

Now, per instructions, I can not get the bearing block over the acme screw. It binds between the collar and the bearing block.
    Any help? Thanks!

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by Rebelac; 07-30-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: problem after problem

Well.... it appears that the bearing in the bearing block, doesn't even fit over the screw. I tried flipping the block over and it will not fit.

I'm starting to wish I would have spent the extra grand and bought the ShopBot. I could have been routing two months ago.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble -- it's possible you received a bad bearing block, in which case we'd be happy to assist you with this. I see you have been in touch with us via email, but we don't have your contact information other than your email address. If you could please provide us with an order number we can look more closely into things. I see other member of the forum have helped you with some previous questions regarding squaring, which is great, but you are always welcome to come to us directly for technical support issues -- we support all of our products and try to get back to anyone who has questions or issues in a timely fashion. Please let us know and we can help get this resolved.

Best regards,

Ahren
    CNCRouterParts

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

After talking to Cory, he sent a new acme screw and bearing block. Hopefully this fixes the problem. Thanks Cory!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wouldn't feel too bad about not getting a shopbot. I had probably 50+ hours experience using them at techshop, and I found that the accuracy of the 4' x 8' router wasn't very good for the small gears I was cutting. The shopbot buddy was significantly better in terms of accuracy, but both had software problems. Sometimes it would start losing accuracy for no reason silently, and at the end of the run, it would sometimes spit out cryptic error messages, and you'll notice the X and Y could be off by a random amount. The software is really wonky and can crash in the middle of cutting a piece, and when this happens, the spindle doesn't shut off. Whenever this happens, the only thing to do is literally shut off the control box for the machine. If software crashes while you're drilling a hole or something and you're not paying attention, it'll definitely start a fire. Hopefully that makes you feel better about getting a non-shopbot