Need Help! BENCHTOP PRO - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BENCHTOP PRO

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: BENCHTOP PRO

Quote Originally Posted by matthew798 View Post
    Hi, It's been a while but I was wondering if you had any impressions after having the machine for so long. I am seriously looking into getting one and I only have to finish saving up

Have you tried machining blocks of aluminum?

Has the machine accumulated any backlash?

Have you had to replace any parts?

How was the shipping process?

Anything else?

Thanks!
    The machine is excellent very rigid and capable, I have not machined any amount of alluminum, a little but not alot, but there is someone on this forum who specifically purchassed his BENCHTOP PRO as a production unit for only alluminum he makes parts for his bussiness, machineing non ferrous metals should require a spindle and mister for the tasks

There has been no backlash developed and my machine is used constantly, I have replaced a couple of v roller bearings, but i believe they had faults from manufacture because they fell apart, seemed to have had a fracture in centre the bearing due to how they broke and that was in the first time i used the machine just from jogging the unit, it was under no load. other than that no issues since. NONE.

The shipping process was best kind and fairly fast considering my location on an island in the north atlantic of canada, Newfoundland.

CNC ROUTER PARTS are great people and i reccomend then to anyone.

hopes this helps, good luck with your build when you get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by fortyeight View Post
    The machine is excellent very rigid and capable, I have not machined any amount of alluminum, a little but not alot, but there is someone on this forum who specifically purchassed his BENCHTOP PRO as a production unit for only alluminum he makes parts for his bussiness, machineing non ferrous metals should require a spindle and mister for the tasks

There has been no backlash developed and my machine is used constantly, I have replaced a couple of v roller bearings, but i believe they had faults from manufacture because they fell apart, seemed to have had a fracture in centre the bearing due to how they broke and that was in the first time i used the machine just from jogging the unit, it was under no load. other than that no issues since. NONE.

The shipping process was best kind and fairly fast considering my location on an island in the north atlantic of canada, Newfoundland.

CNC ROUTER PARTS are great people and i reccomend then to anyone.

hopes this helps, good luck with your build when you get to it.
    Great to hear! I had a feeling cncrouterparts was a good company.

I also live in Canada, how did you get it shipped? Did you pay for ups to cross the border? Or did you pick it up at a border Depot?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Great to hear! I had a feeling cncrouterparts was a good company.

I also live in Canada, how did you get it shipped? Did you pay for ups to cross the border? Or did you pick it up at a border Depot?

I had them take care of everything, they arranged everything, I got a phone call from who took care of the border crossing for me to pay the duties and taxes.

OK last question how much did the duty cost?

Downloads
    Uploads

OK last question how much did the duty cost?

sorry for the delay, was in transfer from work to home,
    glad to be back on land.

not sure exactly on the duty i would have to dig out the bills, but it wasnt that much, was well worth it

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey guys, I'm thinking about getting this machine for milling parts out of 1/4in polycarbonate sheet. Any suggestions on options I should go with?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12