Build Thread CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build

Now that I have got the indexer working and cutting from my files I will move on to stage two of the project. Setting up the indexer on its own axis "A" with it's own Gecko Drive and power supply. I have ordered the Gecko 201, power supply and bulkhead connector from the guys at CNCRouterParts.

Basically what I will do is make another copy of my current Mach3 profile that I use all the time, rename the file to "Indexer". Switch the A-Axis that is now slaved to the X-Axis to a "B-Axis". That would allow me to assign the A-Axis to the indexer and check off the rotary function. Once all is good in Mach3 I would be able to run the indexer without having to unplug the Y-Axis and replug the indexer in. Basically I will be doing exactly what Elking has done with his setup.

Then I want to purchase a cnc pendant to control the machine, make a touch off plate, and finish off the bottom section of the table as per plans. After I get those items wrapped up I will probably purchase the extension kit and turn the table into a 8' long table.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for info on locking mechanism. What ratio on indexer (rotary) you use?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by asuratman View Post
    Thanks for info on locking mechanism. What ratio on indexer (rotary) you use?

The worm gear is 20:1

Downloads
    Uploads

Received all the items I ordered from CNCRouterParts for adding additional power supply and Gecko drive for the indexer. Will start on adding the new items in a day or so, then design a mount for the electronics box instead of it just laying on the bottom shelve.

Downloads
    Uploads

It has been a while since last post. I did get everything hooked up and running smoothly on the indexer. I just ordered these items to complete the package.

- Bosch 1617 EVS router motor
    CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build-bosch-png
    - Precisebits collet kit
    CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build-images1yo5mwhl-jpg
    - SuperPID
    CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build-untitled-png
    - Several different types of bits for cutting various materials
    - Photo Vcarve to go with Vcarve Pro, at some point I will probably move to Aspire

I have been using the machine regularly for various projects over the last few months. I have had no problems with the machine to date. Very reliable, robust and repeatable results. Love it!

Downloads
    Uploads

It's been a while since last post, everything on my machine is still working great. Had an issue for a while with my computer glitching with power supply. Once I changed out the computers power supply I was back in business. Now I have move the CNC machine to the other side of shop which is narrow. In the process of designing a new table that will put the machine on a tilted vertical plane. It will be similar to this picture, i will go through the process of designing in Sketchup and fabricating the new table mount for the wall. The picture I found somewhere and got my interest. I will use the the thick wall 2" square tubing like the first table and make provisions for the indexer that is now on the table.

Here is the link to the original Sketchup drawing that is now on the 3D warehouse for viewing and download. Also a image of the existing setup.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build-vert1-jpg   CRP PRO4848 - Creatively Simple Build-4th-axis-table-front-jpg  
    Last edited by landarts; 01-05-2018 at 04:47 PM. Reason: added image

Downloads
    Uploads

Good Luck,
    We are interested in seeing progress :-)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567