Experience with Super Tech machines

Thread: Experience with Super Tech machines

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Experience with Super Tech machines

Hi,

I am new to in this area and I am trying to find a reasonably cheap entry into CNC routers for wood cutting. I found a small company in the US called Super Tech that makes small wood routers for pretty good prices (I think). I know many people here are operating with ebay, but because I do not really have much experience I am not sure what to look for.

Anybody here with experience with Super Tech machines, or some advice on how to get started?

Cheers,
    helix

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

What do you want to do with it? You might want to ask in the Australian section here, as well.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Last time I looked they had a toll free number, give them a call and ask lots of questions. Last time I talked to them the only machine they were producing and selling was the small "mini-robo" which may be the one you were interested in. Sorry, but I I have no personal experience other than that with the machines.
    -Marc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for your replies, guys!

Yepp, I was thinking I might ask the other Aussies around. But I might just give these guys at Super Tech a call first and see if they actually make the machine I was interested in (actually that was the servo-driven Mini-Robo). I doubt, though, that I can call a toll-free number from overseas ... lucky international calls are so cheap these days.

As for what I want to do with it, there are two types on things I thought might be good for getting some experience, one is wooden toys, like animals with a bit of free-form, and the other are modern style wooden bowls (ones you can't turn on a lathe) and other decorative bits people put around the house.

I guess my background is computing and doing woodworking as a hobby, and I want to try to combine the two with this ...

Cheers,
    helix