pacer routing/milling machine

Thread: pacer routing/milling machine

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default pacer routing/milling machine

Hi,

I would be interested if any one has or knows of any information about a pacer cadet machine. I am interested in buying one but would appreciate any reviews. It is made in England and looks very efficient.
    Thanks
    James(UK)

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi
    i have a pacer hd2500 a 2001 machine bought second hand its a good machine but the comapny is the worst for any kind of support i wanted a copy of the xmce software as it came on floppy discs and one was contaminated they wanted £400 for a cd of it, its on the machines computer so ill just hope the hard drive never goes down!
    the receptionist is positivly rude and when i asked for technical assistance (to find out the g codes for edgecam programming) she said well if you dont pay the annual service charge to AA would you expect them to help!
    id happily sell this machine and replace it if i could get enough for it to make it worth while doing just because of there attitude and id never buy another one.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by woodman-46 View Post
    Hi,

I would be interested if any one has or knows of any information about a pacer cadet machine. I am interested in buying one but would appreciate any reviews. It is made in England and looks very efficient.
    Thanks
    James(UK)
    You try being in Australia and getting help! - I have waited nearly ten weeks for a response from the distributor of the machine here. As for the mob in the UK - forget it! they are not interested as I am half way round the world. The machine has provided nothing but trouble from new and has cost me a fortune in down time - DON't BUY ONE!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hey australia

i know my way round the machine well now! ive replaced all yhe control system and half the guides and got it working well let me know if you need advice
    cheers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good work! - I am battling to get a schematic from them to actually get the thing fixed - any advice you have could be very useful

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

what machine you got? model number and year
    what scematics do you need? the general wiring, the boards, the mechanicals?
    be specific with your problem and ill try to help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

The machine I have is a Pacer Cadet - The technician here, that has been trying to repair it has said he needs the schematics for it and he should be able to repair - I will find out in the next day or so, the specifics and let you know

He has said he has done about as much as can be done - until he has the schematics

I think what is needed is the schematics for the board and control card

the machine manufacture date is 1996

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Dudded Aussie; 09-09-2007 at 01:19 AM.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi ive just bought a cheap paser 800 compact its operating on dos all ive got is a manual to use the paser text i need help . i was hopeing to use it to take the place of a copy router. Paul

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not quite sure what you are saying or asking me Paul
    Can you re phrase your post?

Downloads
    Uploads

Question pacer 800 compact

Quote Originally Posted by rally.sport View Post
    hey australia

i know my way round the machine well now! ive replaced all yhe control system and half the guides and got it working well let me know if you need advice
    cheers
    hi my first post! i have pacer 800compact(early 90's)& would like to replace the original
    machine control, it came with an ancient pc stuffed full of boards can i bypass these & fit a new board in a win98 computer to run this machine, i would like a windows based control software to replace the original dos s/ware with the capability to import gerber PLT files or eps,ai
    can anyone help..?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Your Pacer 800

My best advice would be to use 6 large sticks of Dynamite, but stay clear and watch closely as you blow it in to 1,000 pieces - grab the bits that fall back to Earth and sell them as paper weights - that way you will get more functional use out of them and some money back to invest wisely elswhere!.

Good Luck

Downloads
    Uploads

hey australia

cheers
    Any suggestions on new windows based control software,
    boards, cards etc to refit to my for my 800 cadet ??????????????????

Downloads
    Uploads

hey australia

cheers
    Hi ralli.sport Been awhile since ive been here, had to drop the project for a while...
    Ok you know i have a pacer cadet800, well you seem to know a bit abbout them
    now the thing did work until i went to fire up its 286 pc that ran in dos & nothing happened
    so all i want to do is run it Throgh a windows based software that will import my dxf,hpgl, or preferably plt, files' would i not just need a card put into a modern pc: or do i have to change the axis controller boards as well ? it used to run on a dos system called roboSign based on roboCad which has .rdf. file extentions all i want to do is bypass the the huge board inside the old computer or am i been simplictic..
    thing is i have a lot of nice designs saved as plt.(gerber plot files) for plotting & would just like to bring them into a simple window based machine control software and assign
    2d toolpaths to them.....and cut them out...sorry if i,m long winded in the whole thing.....If you can direct me in the right direction i would appreiciate it
    bb

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pacer 800 compact

Hi, lost the plt. I'm in Ireland also and have come up with the "Dongle license expiry " problem, do you have any advice ? Thank you Terry

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: pacer 800 compact

Hey.
    If someone still interested in this tread? I have been working on changing the control unit to usb cnc controller. I managed to make it work accept inverter and spindle. I would like to talk and get some advice about them. Thank you
    Kahraman