Morbidelli 5 Axis problem - tool change and "elektrospindle anomaly"

Thread: Morbidelli 5 Axis problem - tool change and "elektrospindle anomaly"

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Morbidelli 5 Axis problem - tool change and "elektrospindle anomaly"

My Morbidelli router sometimes overheats and cuts out, not usually a problem, but this afternoon it cut out half way through a tool change. I re-started it, calibrated the axes, all seemed fine until the program called for a tool change, when it just hangs. Several re-starts made no difference. I removed the tool from the spindle using the diagnostics panel, in case it had forgotten which tool it had loaded and tried to put it into a full bay in the tool magazine.

The error messages originally included the common one to reference the dust hood, the usual ISO commands M24-M26 cleared that after I had manually rotated the C axis to release the hood from the lifting arms.

All 5 axes work fine during the calibration cycle, but the tool magazine doesn't do the normal "homing" spin.

Any ideas ?

Thanks for reading :-)

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Morbidelli 5 Axis problem - tool change and "elektrospindle anomaly"

Does anyone know how to re-home to tool magazine ? Perhaps that is the problem.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Morbidelli 5 Axis problem - tool change and "elektrospindle anomaly"

For the benefit of anyone else experiencing problems with Morbidelli routers "out of sync".

I spoke to SCM, and despite the machine being 10 years old they were again very helpful. I posted on here first for two reasons, firstly the fault occurred out of hours and I wasn't able to speak to them until today due to travelling, and secondly I don't wish to use up their good-will.

Anyway, the SCM phone tech talked me through a load of ISO M-Codes, which mostly activated something on the machine but didn't cure the problem. M154 and M155 are supposed to open and close the tool magazine door, but didn't. Then, the tech suggested turning the machine off, and crucially as it turned out, turning the air off, and moving the tool magazine door into the closed position. This was the last thing he could suggest without an internet connection to the control PC, so after I hung up I tried it and the fault changed, the M codes suddenly worked the magazine door. I turned the machine and air off again, and moved the magazine door, magazine tool carriers plus the magazine carriage out of position .

I still had the "electrospindle anomaly" error, and no M-code or manual diagnostic would clear it or change the state of the spindle to blocked, but I noticed that I could un-block the spindle ( locking mechanism in the down position ) using the "manual diagnostics" button in machine panel, but not lock it again, but the spindle went into the lock position after a power off / on. So I taped a tool in place in the spindle, restarted the machine, it locked, machine works !

You probably won't need to go through all this crap on other models, apparently the model I have is known to be buggy.

Big thanks to SCM for their patience and putting me on the right track.