how do i by pass photocell safety barrier?

Thread: how do i by pass photocell safety barrier?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default how do i by pass photocell safety barrier?

hello im new here and not sure on how fast a response will come but here goes nothing ... i run a scm pratix n 15 with a 5' x 12' vacuum table. For saftey we have a caged in area and an open area for loading. in the open area we have 2 photocells which shut the machine down if the light beam is broken, in case someone walks into an area where they could be struck by the 3 axis router head and boring unit... there is a wiring issue at the moment and we wont have the replacement cords for at least 3 days.. Is there a way to by pass the photocell barrier and run the machine without them or a way to turn them off can i use a mirror as long as its not the receiving end that is messed up???? im ope for any suggestions we have a lot of men and women to keep busy and with my machine down they are all dead in the water so to speak

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: how do i by pass photocell safety barrier?

Somebody that knows what they're doing can do it by bypassing the safety relays in the control cabinet. We had that done to remove our safety mats. Finding someone to actually do it, or tell you how, is difficult, because nobody wants to be liable if someone gets hurt.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

You red tag and lock out the machine as unsafe to operate until it is properly fixed and approved for safe operation. Do you not value your employees safety?

Wayne Hill

Downloads
    Uploads

The minute you bypass that, and someone gets hurt, say see ya bye to everything you own. OSHA would be down your throat as quickly as the lawyers. Can't tell you how many times I've been asked to bypass door interlocks. I'd never do it, even if they are ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I service customer machines and the only time the safety interlocks get bypassed is when I need do troubleshooting that requires it, and I am physically at the machine. If I have to temporarily leave the machine the safety systems are always re-enabled or the machine is locked out and tagged with my lock on it. That is the only safe way to do it. You can't disable safety systems, the risk is too great.

Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA