Need Help! Morbidelli Author 500 communication problem.

Thread: Morbidelli Author 500 communication problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Morbidelli Author 500 communication problem.

Hi fellow members,

One of my customers has a Morbidelli Author 500 that’s having communication issues. The problem is he doesn’t use it very often, after being off for around 6 months he used it once or twice and the next time he needed to use it Xilog3 would not communicate with the machine.

I know the battery is dead, but there seems to be a backup of the parameters in the PC. When I open NUM Tools Machine Manager I can see A500_4.MCH, SUB_PGM.MCH and SIMBOLI.LIB files on the left column of the application. Unfortunately, when I click on Transfer menu all the options are greyed out (PC > NC, NC > PC and Delete).

Another thing I noticed is that the red LED is on indicating an error on TSXFPP20 PCMCIA card. When I open XWAY Driver Manager and run XWAY Test FPC10 and UNITELWAY connects but the FPP20 gives an error “Cannot open the driver!”.

Hoping that I’ve given enough information to shed some light on the issue at hand. I’ve brought all listed components back to my workshop so I can try all your suggested remedies and reply back to this thread.

BTW I’m not a CNC tech, just an IT tech and CNC enthusiast that’s trying to help him.

Thank you in advance and hope to hear from you soon.

This is his setup.

Integrated PC that’s running Win95. Xilog3 and NUM Tools
    NUM controller is 1020W
    SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC TELEMECANIQUE TSX FPC-10 card plugged into the PC
    A long cable and a Schneider Automation TSXFPP20 FIPWAY PCMCIA card plugged into the NUM controller