Bridgeport Interact 412 - Loading G Code Help

Thread: Bridgeport Interact 412 - Loading G Code Help

Default Bridgeport Interact 412 - Loading G Code Help

I recently purchased a Bridgeport Interact 412 with a Fanuac controller. It has an RS-232 port for loading a program from an external source, but I am needing help in how to load a program from an external source (PC or jump drive)

I currently have a CNC router that I have used for years, it is PC based and I use Mach 3 as a controller for it, so I am comfortable creating programs, loading and running them, but this new machining center is uncharted territory for me.

As a frame of reference, I have the manuals for the machining center, have successfully had it home all three axis, but I have not been able to determine how to load code.

Thanks

Kevin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Interact 412 - Loading G Code Help

What fanuc controller does it have

I'm not sure how to tell which controller it is. Is there a screen I can pull some information from?
    Thanks

Here is a picre of the controller

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridgeport Interact 412 - Loading G Code Help-img_20170421_131212882-jpg  

The Fanuc controller has a 25 pin D Shell connector on the side. I assume this is an RS-232 port. The previous company that owned this machine had an adapter going from the 25 pin connector to a CAT5 network cable and loaded G code from a network location, but could not tell me how to set it up.

Any thoughts on what page on the Fanuc controller I can set it up to point to an external drive? I have poked around on different screens but nothing jumped out at me.

Thanks

Bump

Downloads
    Uploads

My company makes a device called an Orion, that will hook up via RS-232 and will extend the memory of the machine also has a wifi adapter built into it to connect to your network....or you can use a flash drive that will plug directly into the Orion and upload your program from there. check it out online or PM me if you need more details. LINK Hardware