Biesse rover 316 controller ID question

Thread: Biesse rover 316 controller ID question

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Biesse rover 316 controller ID question

First time CNC purchaser trying to learn my machine. I have just received my pdf Users Manual file from Biesse for the machine. However they asked me what type off controller I have. Unfortunatley I cannot find any indication of what controller it is. Is there an obvious way of determining this? One other thing is the manual called for a voltage input of around 380 volts but the machine and contoller say 600 volts. Were there two different versions for this machine? The manual pictures otherwise look identical.

Any help is appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, controller should be RT480 or RT481 look at monitor top right corner. Or at screen when machine starting.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the response, Biesse sent me a quote for software compatibile with either controller. I am sure at $5,000 however there are far better options for much less in the after market. Hoping so anyway.

Downloads
    Uploads

As for the required voltage, look at one of the control transformers. The previously hooked up input voltage is set up on them. Input voltage is usually varied, but the machines required voltage, is one voltage.

Jim

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

So your Rover 316 without software now?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The router came with no disks and I am not sure what kind of programing is inside hard drive. Biesse said the machines don't come with any desk top software just whats inside machine and I really don't want to learn g-code. Seems like there are several companies now offering more user friendly software for these machines.

I bought it at auction for cheap ($1,000) so this is a shot in the dark but the price was worth the gamble. It received new parts in 2008 and is complete so I hope I do O.K. I tracked down the last owner through Biesse and they said it needs a new card. I have contacted the service person who's name was inside the panel door to see what more I need to do. Trying also to locate a 600V transformer and phase converter.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi,
    i started my rover 336 without any informations so if you need help email me.
    maybe my cnc is similar with yours.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Biesse Rover 316 software

Maybe someone have Biesse Rover 316 software backup? Because i still cant run my Rover, hardware i repaired all tested and should work. Now i think that i cant run it because of software. Software not full and controller cant find one plate. That plate tested and should work. So maybe someone can help with software?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The R316 typically came with the SY3 or SY4 control, this was the control before the NC481 and RT480. It is a relatively simple control to learn.
    Mark T.
    CNC Custom Services - CNC Service, CNC Support, CNC Training for the CNC Woodworking Industry focused on CNC Routers and CNC Point-to-Point Machines.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thank you for answer. first of all i need to repair that machine, because i still can't run it. maybe it is not difficult to learn. i do not know for sure if it is problem with software, because i have original back up files. now we thinking that problem with FIOZ plate. so now we looking where we can order that plate.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkT View Post
    The R316 typically came with the SY3 or SY4 control, this was the control before the NC481 and RT480. It is a relatively simple control to learn.
    Mark T.
    CNC Custom Services - CNC Service, CNC Support, CNC Training for the CNC Woodworking Industry focused on CNC Routers and CNC Point-to-Point Machines.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Biesse rover 316 controller ID question

ok i have information regards

Service SCM BR

Hi, use the Mastercam or TopSolid for the make programs post processator for the Rover.

Via iPhone of the Tapatalk

Registered
    Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi we need instruction manual for BIESSE ROVER 316 S with RT480 controller
    English version
    anyone, please

Downloads
    Uploads