Need Help! Xilog 3 error CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number

Thread: Xilog 3 error CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Xilog 3 error CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number

Dear All,

I have an error on the CNC Morbidelli Author 500 with Xilog 3.
    It's the following error: CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number
    Can someone help me with this errror? Or is there a list available with solutions for the different errors?

Thanks for a replay!
    Best regards,

Jasper
    Helmond

Similar Threads:

Service SCM BR

Default Re: Xilog 3 error CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number

Verify the main program the name of sub-program and the route from the source folder of the same

Via iPhone of the Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi All
    I need some help with an error i am getting in Xilog3 on my SCM record 120..
    When the controller PC boots up and the Xilog3 software starts it comes up with (24.25) ERROR! NCI(61-5) wrong part program number..
    Does anyone possibly know what this means?

Thanks
    Greg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xilog 3 error CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number-img_3016-jpg  

Service SCM BR

Have you deleted any files?
    Because if it happens soon to initialize, some file is missing or corrupted.
    Now if it happens when trying to load a work program it means that it has a wrong or corrupted subprogram.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank You for your quick response..
    I am desperately trying to upgrade the machine to a newer Win XP computer for controlling the NUM 1020 via serial.. And during this process i may have changed something..
    How do i find out what subgram Xilog is trying to access during Initial startup? Im guessing it is a file in the NUM cn..

Have you had any success with PC upgrades to a 1998 record 120?
    Ive had weeks of communicating with NUM in Germany but still i have no positive results... We even used Teamviewer.
    They do not have the correct version of NUM interface software.. Apparently i need Standard MMI version N.. And have told me to contact my Machine Builder to get this..
    The SCM agent in Australia cannot help me with a machine this old. They are new to the SCM Group and have no experience with older machines.
    I want to be able to run long toolpaths for complex 3D shapes.. But transferring programs into the old PC is very difficult and floppy disks are not an option.
    Any help you can give me is much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Greg

Service SCM BR

Now you are being explicit in your problem.
    First thing you should have done a full backup of the xilog3 folder.
    Does the new PC have an on-board serial card?
    You have to after installation of Xilog3 reinsert your Backup on the new installation. And verify that your serial is being recognized as COM1 or COM2.
    It must be being recognized as it was the old PC.
    If the COM ports are changed you must in the xilog3.ini file change the COM port of communication between the PC and the CN.
    But who can give better aid will be the technicians of SCM Italy (0039 0541 700 100).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thankyou again for your feedback and wisdom.
    Yes I did backup the whole harddrive before i began the process, so i have the original Xiog folder intact.
    I have successfully established a link with the machine via com ports using the Xway drivers.
    And i can see the drive on the CN using the EditPP program. But i cannt get the Standard NUM MMI software or Xilog3 to work which mean no machine control interface.. Maybe the wrong versions of software?

Will i be limited to a certain number of lines in a toolpath if i use Xilog with big programs from a CAM system?
    I cant load a big CAM programs with the current setup and floppy drive so im unsure of its limitations..
    I am actualy thinking of just running the NUM MMI software on the new PC and maybe not using Xilog at all.
    This is why i was trying to get NUM in Germany to help me get things sorted out, but they have now given up.. (after taking my money of coarse)
    I just need a basic setup for exicuting long G-Code toolpaths from my CAM software. Probably dripfeeding i guess..
    But the right software version to suit my machine build is my latest stumbling block..
    Im told my machine is programmed in assembler and not ladder format.
    Finding the right person to help me solve this mistery has been a long and frustrating journey..
    I just cant beleive that no-one else in this big old world is not already doing what i am trying to do.
    Surely everyone these days are programing on CAM software instead of on the controller.
    The original computer is windows 3.11 and also not a simple task to network to newer windows platforms.
    And yes i might just get all my questions asnwered by going back to its birth place in Italy.. Do you have an email contact for tech support in Italy?
    I can only hope anyway and will continue this journey again into the new year..
    Thanks again for your help and i hope you have a very Merry Christmas..

Last edited by GG33; 12-24-2016 at 03:52 AM.

Service SCM BR

Hello Dear colleague, every machine is possible to run with any CN and software but for this it is necessary to know all the items and the logic of the machine, however in some it is necessary a retrofiting.
    In your case it can run with Num (CN) and with Xilog (Software Manager).
    I believe that Xilog Plus will be able to run on your machine, using Win7 (32bits).
    With any machine software it is possible to run together with CAD-CAM software that the external software has the post processor of the machine in question.
    The e-mail is: service@scmgroup.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks again for your positive input.
    You have given me some more hope, and i will certainly give Xilog Pus a try.
    My machine has been moved to another location and i am patiently awaiting power to be connected to it before i can continue my journey with upgrading the PC control.

Do you know whats involved in fitting a handwheel or hand pendant to these machines? Is it possible?
    Having a controller in your hand to move each axis while standing in front of the work piece is so much easier for setting up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Again

Whenever i try running a program of any kind in Xilog i get this error "ISO destination file existing"
    I know in the picture my block size is incorrect but this is not the issue.
    This program in the picture is a simple circle i output from Vectic software.
    But this is happening with all programs. Even ones already in the control that where used by previous owners.
    Anyone have any ideas? I have spent over six months now trying to get this machine going and this is hopefully my last issue.
    Thanks
    Greg

programXilog 3 error CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number-20170615_222354-jpg

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Xilog 3 error CN25 : unknown sub-program or sequence number-20170615_222349-jpg