CNCzone Network: RFQwork :: 3Dstuffzone :: Welderzone
Just bought another machine with an a-2100. It did not have the ethernet
option like my others. I called cinci and they want -- ready for this --
$1300.00 . Good grief. I remember when you could get one for $500.00.
( still outragous for an antiquated ethernet card and a software switch).
Anoyne know of a work-around ?
i've been having problems with my cinci and was poking around the forum and found this
i don't know if your problem is fixed yet but it may help you out
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72549 (Update to USB or Ethernet? Possible? Help)
I had commented on that thread previously, and never did hear from the OP if he had accomplished anything there.
I do believe the TCP/IP ethernet may be an option that you need to check for in the Purchased Options menu. This can be found in the System Configuraton menu, after pressing More in the lower center of the screen.
If the option says "Yes" it is permanently installed, then you should be able to install as I mentioned in the other thread.
Basically there is an alternative way to network A2100 without purchasing networking option.
1. Find an ISA ethernet card (I am using D-Link DE-220) and install it on left board (workstation)
2. In my case when I reboot my NT 3.51 capture my card and load its driver
3. More->System configration -> Press "F1" key to help prompt menu
4. Try to switch to network setup window and set our IP
5. Go to File manager and map your shared drive
6. Get back to A2100 system configration and add a customised Drive letter to your network drive.
By doing so my A2100 can access network drive. (Don't forget to assign a user name for your A2100 contorl. I am using name "Operator")
By Klaus in forum General CAM Discussion
Last Post: 06-22-2011, 02:25 PM
By Jaxmachine in forum Milltronics
Last Post: 07-07-2008, 01:01 PM
By jybute in forum Haas Mills
Last Post: 05-24-2008, 02:22 PM
By mwildin1 in forum General CNC (Mill and Lathe) Control Software (NC)
Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:51 AM
By brtlatjgt in forum Machine Problems, Solutions , Wireless DNC, serial port
Last Post: 08-26-2006, 01:32 AM