Problem FANUC RED CAP RESOLVER ISSUE

Thread: FANUC RED CAP RESOLVER ISSUE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool FANUC RED CAP RESOLVER ISSUE

HEY! New to posting on this site, have read it for years, thought it was time to join the fun. i have 5 cinicnnatti's 2 sabre 500 2 sabre 1000 and a arrow 500. the sabres are all 850sx with fanuc drives. the arrow is a acramatic 2100 . PROBLEM had a isub error show up on one of the sabre's, help from cincinnatti team lead me to the encoder they say the control was not seeing the pulse marker on alignment phase. tried getting the encoder reapaired (hah). found a used (tested) one on web. had to change the mount to fit my machine. now i get a tgl red on startup. my first thought is its something to do with the temp sensor or something. i have become pretty good at repairing these machines with five of them, this problem falls into the black magic hole of electronics. i read some stuff on timing these encoders? but i get the tgl immediately on power up? i have tried shorting the white wires to each other HELP

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: FANUC RED CAP RESOLVER ISSUE

If it was an exact encoder replacement why did you have to change the mounting?
    The Red Cap motors have commutation tracks that have to line up exactly with the stator.
    Al. .

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a method of restoring timing, it requires at least a scope and a low voltage source to lock the rotor. Its not easy, but it is doable, thats all I know.
    How do you lose just the marker pulse and not the entire encoder?
    You sure the decel dog was working correctly?

Downloads
    Uploads

The typical quadrature/commutation encoder on the Red Caps should fit on, at a prealigned mark, if non-standard mounting is used, then most likely you would need the 'scope alignment.
    I made up a 4 LED display for checking the com pulsest, it is in the Fanuc Servo Manual.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.