Need Help! Replacement Sabre 750 (850SX) Operator Assembly Required

Thread: Replacement Sabre 750 (850SX) Operator Assembly Required

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Replacement Sabre 750 (850SX) Operator Assembly Required

Hi guys,

We have an old Sabre 750 with acramatic 850SX control. We took the operator assembly off the machine as the control buttons were not working (Massive pressure required to make the buttons work!!), we cleaned behind the panels, re-assembled... No display! DS3 + DS4 red LEDs light up on the back of the display but no graphics on the screen.

Machine power off button causes screen to flash (like when turning off an old TV - white frame reduces to centre of screen and blinks out). Have had an experience ex-Cincinnati engineer have a look at the operator assembly but no joy. He is suggesting the unit is dead.

Can anyone else suggest troubleshooting steps?

Does anyone have a working spare they can part with??

May end up having to replacing the entire machine otherwise!

thanks in advance,

Pete

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Replacement Sabre 750 (850SX) Operator Assembly Required

oh dear - *bump*

Downloads
    Uploads

Just spit balling here but it sounds to me like your electronics package/board is probably corroded. Open it up and take a look at it. Look for green or white discoloration where your inputs connect to your control board. If the circuit traces aren't ruined it might start working properly again if you gave it a good cleaning. Also, a dying power supply could cause similar problems. Test its output when its under load if possible. It should be outputting its rated voltage. Good Luck.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Peat View Post
    Hi guys,

We have an old Sabre 750 with acramatic 850SX control. We took the operator assembly off the machine as the control buttons were not working (Massive pressure required to make the buttons work!!), we cleaned behind the panels, re-assembled... No display! DS3 + DS4 red LEDs light up on the back of the display but no graphics on the screen.

Machine power off button causes screen to flash (like when turning off an old TV - white frame reduces to centre of screen and blinks out). Have had an experience ex-Cincinnati engineer have a look at the operator assembly but no joy. He is suggesting the unit is dead.

Can anyone else suggest troubleshooting steps?

Does anyone have a working spare they can part with??

May end up having to replacing the entire machine otherwise!

thanks in advance,

Pete
    I have a sabre 750 with 850sx since 2004. One trick with the keyboard is to warm it up before use. I use a heat gun with a sheet of rubber folded over the front of the control if its less than 65 F in the shop. Blow the air over the keyboard. Does wonders for the keyboard. Monitor is standard VGA. I replaced mine with a 70$ ebay 13" LCD. Much nicer than the crt. The operator panel board is very sensitive to static or transients. I have an IC on my operator panel board that decoded the keyboard strokes go bad. I soldered a new on on and its been ok since.

Also, the entire op panel can often be had on ebay for under 1K.

Last edited by markp; 02-15-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

You need to contact SIEMENS and buy an up graded complete operator station with a LCD screen and new buttons. The buttons have always been a problem with the 850 SX control.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services