One down more to go on TC 30

Thread: One down more to go on TC 30

Downloads
    Uploads

Default One down more to go on TC 30

Resolved the encoder issue, now next up : ASL 10: 2059 Y Axis encoder disconnect . 950 MC control. Power up and READY comes up without incident,axis align works, hit mech align and fault appears.Next move was to jog to mech align position then perform the task. It performed the task then ran normally until the next tool change. Y axis encoder disconnect. Boss said we ain't babying the POS. (Only machine that performs the function, the backup was sold 2 years before I started with the company ) So he had the production schedule revised, laid off 10 employees and put the balance of the production crew on 4 days.So tomorrow I will remove the Heindenhain 703 scale and hope I don't find cracked glass, clean the glass and install a new reader head.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: One down more to go on TC 30

Sounds like the tool changer is effecting the Y axis scale. If you can move the y axis to the max + and - travel I would think the scale is OK. Look for a loose read head or a loose scale mount. Check the gap between the read head and the bottom of the scale, should be 0.060" gap along the full travel. Put and indicator on the front and back of the scale and adjust for about 0.002" TIR full travel then check the gap. If the problem is not fixed then check the wires, may be pinched during tool change. Could also be a voltage or ground spike when changing tools.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: One down more to go on TC 30

The plan is to remove and clean the scale, check for cracks, and replace the readerhead. We jogged in tenth of a thousand increments. I think something may be loose on the readerhead. Mechalign position is 2.435 and Y axis never gets there. The drains are terminated at the motor. Thank you for your input I shall verify your numbers.I will also lobby for newall shc-tt encoders. This scale is 74 inches long and no longer available.