NCA - Transformer Overtemperature - Arrow 1000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCA - Transformer Overtemperature - Arrow 1000

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default NCA - Transformer Overtemperature - Arrow 1000

Hey,

I am getting an error message whenever I try to turn on the machine power of our CNC machine.
    I've attached an image of the message below.

Could anyone try and help me figure this one out?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA - Transformer Overtemperature - Arrow 1000-error-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Many transformers have temperature sensors buried in the winding, either the sensor is defective, open or the TXfr is overheating?
    If the transformer is powered up when you switch on the machine then it would not be an overheat problem.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

How would I check these things? I'm new to the CNC machine world.

Downloads
    Uploads

First check the transformer for overheat, it is usually a large supply transformer in the enclosure or attached to the machine, you really need the machine schematics to locate any sensor wiring, otherwise it is just a case a tracing it out, look for a pair of small conductor wires leaving any large transformer.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Is this is a machine you just purchased, if so, did it come with the factory transformer? If it did, you need to hook up the overtemp signal wires which were disconnected to ship it to you.

If the seller kept the transformer (which happens on most used Cincinnati's I've come across), you will need to jumper out this signal to get the control to clear the alarm.

If you check your prints they will tell you what pin/plug needs to be closed to bypass this signal.

If you've been running the machine for a while and this just came up, as Al indicated, you have to look at the transformer to ensure it is not faulting for a reason.

The more information you give about the history of the fault when posting, the easier it is to point you in the right direction.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I find this forum is very helpful. I have the same error message but it's not on all the time. It seems like if the machine is off for awhile then the error appears but if it's running often, then the error disappear. I don't have the factory transformer. I hook up the machine to a 208V. Can you help me? Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Start looking around inside the power Cab and on the transformer case itself for some type of reset switch or tripped breaker. I do not advise you to even open the Cab unless you have some experience with electrical systems. If you have given it plenty of time to cool down and are still getting this alarm then something like a switch or breaker needs to be re-set or worse. I have two Arrow 750's both have external power transformers. I have never seen this error but will take a look at mine tomorrow and see if I can find some type of re-set.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks u overflo . I check but cant find the problem. Please help me out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by dreygata View Post
    Hey,

I am getting an error message whenever I try to turn on the machine power of our CNC machine.
    I've attached an image of the message below.

Could anyone try and help me figure this one out?
    Thanks
    Have u fix the problem? i have same thing on my machine. need help, thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Obviously the controller has to obtain the information from some source such as a sensor in order to display this message, you need to examine the electrical prints to ascertain which input has a temperature sensor or similar, of some sort and trace it back to the source.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

Dukepho,

Your description that running for a while will make the alarm go away doesn't make sense. If the Overtemp signal from the transformer is missing, the machine shouldn't be able to run at all. Are you sure you have the same alarm as the original post?

However, based on the original post issue, the following are your most likely scenarios:

1) your transformer has a similar overtemp switch, and your transformer is overheating (or the overtemp switch faulty and is tripping when it shouldn't)

2) You are not using the input and there is a jumper closing the circuit. Check your jumper to ensure it has a good connection.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Im new to this. Do any know who can come fix the problem? i live is Santa Ana, Ca. 714-548-5839. Thanks for all ur help. This is a overtemp switch?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NCA - Transformer Overtemperature - Arrow 1000-pic-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

That is a thermal breaker with indicating contacts, is the breaker tripping when you get the alarm? if not it appears to be in the indicating contacts or whatever they are fed into could be the problem?
    Al.

Last edited by Al_The_Man; 05-30-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Albert E.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

This thermal breaker is contract when the alarm. How do u check it? see if it still working. i think is this the problem. i check it with meter and it show close and when i push the green in and test it ,still close. thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

If it remains closed when the alarm appears then it would indicate it is either a loose connection elsewhere or wherever it is fed into.
    I would expect it to be closed in a non-fault state.
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'll ask again since it wasn't answered last time. Are you sure you have the same problem as the original post? You haven't indicated what alarm you are getting, and the description of your problem didn't really make sense with the fault that was described earlier in the thread. You also uploaded a picture of the OL for the Regen, which is not related to the Transformer input at all.

All of the above seems to indicate you are not chasing the correct issue which will make fixing your machine difficult.

To answer your question from earlier today about who can come in and fix this for you. I fix these (and other) machines around the country, and can definitely come out and fix it for you, but I have to believe there is someone closer to you that wouldn't require as much travel time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank to all. I find the problem. The jumper is loose.

Downloads
    Uploads

What Jumper?
    Al.

Albert E.

Downloads
    Uploads

The jumper I described in posts #5 (line 2) and #11 (point number 2) of this thread.

If these machines are used without the factory transformer, a jumper has to be installed to close the Transformer Overtemp input to the control.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The machines are used without the factory transformer. Yes , The jumper line is long and was put on the side. The line joint get loose. Thanks to maver1ck and Al_The_Man

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast