Need Help! No A Disk Drive after changing power supply

Thread: No A Disk Drive after changing power supply

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default No A Disk Drive after changing power supply

Thanks for looking! The Adventure continues, After replacing the Power supply, having my communications board repaired and replacing the CRT with a LCD screen, I was excited when it all booted back up.. I was quickly disappointed when I was unable to load a program through the A Floppy drive.

When booting, it flashes across the screen A drive failure, I have tried 3 different drives, no difference, the light on the drives comes on...so assuming the power supply is doing its job...but, the light on the drives are on consistently

I did go back and take a look, the power supply plugs into the mother board with two cables, I took pictures before disassembly and that's all I see in the pictures!. .

Thoughts any one?

Also going to try to cable up between my computer and the mill, but only have a USB port on the back of the computer to work with.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: No A Disk Drive after changing power supply

Sounds like you need to install a network adapter in both your PC and the machine. I couldn't imagine using a floppy.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by coop31 View Post
    Sounds like you need to install a network adapter in both your PC and the machine. I couldn't imagine using a floppy.
    Thank you for the responce!
    Actually have a older computer sitting there with a serial port and was ready to cable them together to try it! My current computer only has vga and usb ports.
    I did find the problem with guidance from Marvrick, turned out to be a ribbon cable issue.
    I have also given consideration to a floppy drive emulator and most likely will try one of those....but yes, walking discs around the back of the machine for 20 years...has gotten old!!