Need Help! TOOL DRUM WON'T RETURN TO PARK POSITION

Thread: TOOL DRUM WON'T RETURN TO PARK POSITION

Downloads
    Uploads

Default TOOL DRUM WON'T RETURN TO PARK POSITION

My Arrow 750 was running fine then stopped in the middle of a tool change with the drum @ spindle position. It clamps the tool but will not return to the park position even when I press the park button on the pendant.
    I have to activate the M2R contact manually to get it to park. It will move to the spindle ok, but won't return to park. Anyone else ever have this problem, or know a solution?
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TOOL DRUM WON'T RETURN TO PARK POSITION

Yes, it was the tool clamp switch not being seen by the control and it thinks that if drum goes back to park then the tool will fall out of the spindle. We replaced the clamp switch and everything worked fine. Make sure that the control is seeing the switch by using PROGRAM WARE to look at the switch.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: TOOL DRUM WON'T RETURN TO PARK POSITION

Thanks Mike, we checked I/O in PROGRAM WARE and the proximity switches on the spindle, all are working properly. I think I found the problem at CR33, swapped the MOC Z500 chip from CR32 to CR33 and now it will return to park but not go to spindle. Going to order and replace MOC's and hopefully that will do it. Thanks again to meckardt55 for your help tracking this down.

Last edited by wileycoyote; 10-19-2017 at 03:34 PM.