Need Help! setting home coordinat

Thread: setting home coordinat

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default setting home coordinat

Hi
    e a problam
    I use solidcam to program my parts. i have a problem to set the X Y home cordinat in the Cincinnati arrow 750 withe acramatic 2100:

in the solidcam i set the home coordinat to the corner of the part - the center of the tool is the X0 , Y0 !!
    The tool is 10 m"m diameter!!
    When i start producing the part it work as the X0 & Y0 are 5 m"m offset from the X and the Y !!

I understand ther is an offset or compansation problem. i dont know how to defind it.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails setting home coordinat-20171006_133626-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: setting home coordinat

If you are using a 10mm tool then your offset will be 1/2 the diameter or 5mm to be on the center line of the tool. You need to look at the radius of the tool and not the diameter.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    If you are using a 10mm tool then your offset will be 1/2 the diameter or 5mm to be on the center line of the tool. You need to look at the radius of the tool and not the diameter.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    ya. i figur that. but how do i set this offset in the machine? i did input the tool diameter at the tool setting. but it had no efact

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: setting home coordinat

You need to use G92 X-5. Y5. and use the radius of the tool to offset the axis location then press CYCLE START. Only use G92 in setup not in the program!!!!