Need Help! Arrow 500 with ct control

Thread: Arrow 500 with ct control

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arrow 500 with ct control

I have a arrow 500 with ct control with maxax 100 drives. The axis jerks when using the hand wheel. axis run fine when in jog or running a program.
    x and y do this not z. have swapped out drives and personality cards with no luck. Thinking mother board but dont have one to swap out this minute.
    What do you all think?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 500 with ct control

Is this something that just started to happen?? Many machines have jerky motion when using the hand wheel because of the resolution of the hand wheel feedback and the axis gain. The Z axis has the weight of the head to smooth it out but the X and Y do not.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 500 with ct control

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    Is this something that just started to happen?? Many machines have jerky motion when using the hand wheel because of the resolution of the hand wheel feedback and the axis gain. The Z axis has the weight of the head to smooth it out but the X and Y do not.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    the machine was sitting idle and the x axis started oscillating .I switched x and y drives and the oscillation moved to the other axis. After that i switched the daughter board of the maxax 100 drives and the oscillation moved back to the original axis. I then put a new daughter board in. The idle oscillation quit however when i use the hand wheel in both x and y the machine shakes.when i change the hand wheel to .001 i dint feel the axis shake at .01 it shakes. once set up the machine runs part fine.