thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250

Thread: thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250

Downloads
    Uploads

Default thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250

I'm going to look at a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250 tonight at my sons work its not powered up but have been told it works good but takes longer to set up as the reason to let it go. It comes with a 9" chuck and a collet chuck will I be able to run it off single phase or need a converter.
    The price they are asking is $10,000 for public and $5,000 ( Canadian ) for employee's so it sounds not bad!
    Couldn't delete this there is a pic on the other post.

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by tom o; 07-31-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250

The lathe will not run on single phase so you will need a phase converter. Purchase a dynamic phase converter that uses an electric motor connected to a 3 phase generator.
    The machine should be 230VAC but check it out first. I always like to see the machine in running condition prior to purchase. How long has the machine been disconnected?

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    The lathe will not run on single phase so you will need a phase converter. Purchase a dynamic phase converter that uses an electric motor connected to a 3 phase generator.
    The machine should be 230VAC but check it out first. I always like to see the machine in running condition prior to purchase. How long has the machine been disconnected?

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    It comes with the transformer and chip conveyor as well as a collet chuck I'm not sure about collets though.*The guy*who fixes their machines says it is in good condition / acurate, it was sold as a employee deal for $5000.00 (Canadian)
    Here is the plate on the transformer and some more pics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-screenshot_2017-08-02-15-17-04-jpg   thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-screenshot_2017-07-31-13-41-44-jpg   thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-screenshot_2017-08-02-15-17-23-jpg   thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-screenshot_2017-08-02-15-18-02-jpg  

thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-screenshot_2017-08-02-15-19-08-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

The only problem with the 850SX control is the buttons on the operator panel. It looks clean, what are you doing about the 3 phase AC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Realize too that xfmr is not isolation model. It is auto type. Means you MUST have 240 0r 480v 3ph WYE WITH NEUTRAL.

If it has dual resolvers on the spindles, Realize when the sub spindle resolver dies you loose some functionality of the sub spindle. When the main spindle resolver dies the machine becomes totally useless. Our replacement resolver costs more $10k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

The only problem with the 850SX control is the buttons on the operator panel. It looks clean, what are you doing about the 3 phase AC.

The guy that ran this machine at the shop says that it works good and he will be happy to work with us. I paid for it today and it should get here sometime hopfully next week, that will give us a chance to insulate and sheet the walls.
    I guess we will see about the power supply when it gets here if nessisary I'll pick up a converter oh and its a 250 t.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tom o View Post
    The guy that ran this machine at the shop says that it works good and he will be happy to work with us. I paid for it today and it should get here sometime hopfully next week, that will give us a chance to insulate and sheet the walls.
    I guess we will see about the power supply when it gets here if nessisary I'll pick up a converter oh and its a 250 t.

Well we have the garage insulated and sheeted with osb board with led fixtures. We picked up a phase perfect 30 hp digital converter that just arrived and am wondering for a computer to send info to it would it have to be 32 bit or 64 or does it get taken care or by the post processor?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-garage-right-side-jpg   thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-converter-jpg   thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-soft-jaws-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You will need to send programs using the 25 pin RS232 port on the control, 32 or 64 bit does not relate to the RS232. I recommend the MACHINE LINK software to talk to the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

You will need to send programs using the 25 pin RS232 port on the control, 32 or 64 bit does not relate to the RS232. I recommend the MACHINE LINK software to talk to the machine.

Well we have had the electrician hook it up and had it working a bit the m key needs pushed hard to connect so we replaced it with a diferent one that came with it. Now we get the thing to boot through the test (all passes) and stops there at " HOST CONTROL INITIALIZING " the same thing with the old keyboard could this be waiting for a handshake from another computer?

Downloads
    Uploads

That's what it says on boot up. after it boots it will say power restart or master start required. depending on how it was shut down.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jbranting View Post
    That's what it says on boot up. after it boots it will say power restart or master start required. depending on how it was shut down.
    It doesn't go past that point though and all the buttons do nothing we don't know if it has lost parameters or how to check! First cnc. Were just standing in the dark shooting! Is there a way to get it to bring up any information?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi
    I'm having the same problem. please help me.

I am having trouble for turning the cincinnati Acramatic 850sx control panel.
    my motor drive is siemens.
    SUMP off
    DIMP off
    GMEM red
    DAMP red
    RUN yellow
    OSA red
    MMC red
    SERV off
    PCA red
    DPWR green
    APWR green

Display SYSTEM START-UP HOST CONTROL INITIALIZING
    then there is no movement. waiting for help for this problem. thank you.
    thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-board_led-jpgthoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-display-jpg

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi meckardt55

I am having trouble for turning the cincinnati Acramatic 850sx control panel.
    my motor drive is siemens.
    SUMP off
    DIMP off
    GMEM red
    DAMP red
    RUN yellow
    OSA red
    MMC red
    SERV off
    PCA red
    DPWR green
    APWR green

Display SYSTEM START-UP HOST CONTROL INITIALIZING
    then there is no movement. waiting for help for this problem. thank you.
    thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-board_led-jpg
    thoughts about a 1995 Cincinnati Milacron Avenger 250-display-jpg