Getting Screwed... Need Help

Thread: Getting Screwed... Need Help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Getting Screwed... Need Help

Hi guys, I recently bought an arrow 1000 witha an a2100 for my shop. This is our first proper CNC. After waiting about 6 month for hydro to come and switch out the power the esa (electrical safety authority in Canada) inspector came to check the electrician's work. At that point the inspector told me that the electrician will not be able to energize the machine because it does not have an esa sticker (I bought the machine from a legit shop down the road). He then explained to me that I would have to pay a different esa inspector to certify the machine. So a couple of days later the other inspector showed up and went through this thing with a fine tooth comb. After 4 hours he gave a list of things that need to be changed in order for us to get the sticker. Here are two points that I am thinking may be already there.
    1. provide thermal overload protection on all motors
    2.When motors are grouped under one set of fuses, the combination starter/overload protective device shall be approved for group fusing.
    Provide individual overcurrent protection for each motor or provide combination motor controller approved for group motor protection.

My CNC maintenance guy is not currently available but he sent me a message saying that the inspector doesn't seem to understand servo drive modules. Can someone please tell me who is wrong and who is right here? Please let me know if there is any other details you need. Also I think the inspector got this from the fact that xyz vicker's drives have a sticker on them saying overload protection is required. Lastly I would great full if some one could provide me relevant schematics. Thanks you all.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Getting Screwed... Need Help

Your inspector is wrong on all. Call fives, get contact to give this inspector.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    Your inspector is wrong on all. Call fives, get contact to give this inspector.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Hi Mike and thanks for chiming in. Excuse my ignorance what or who is fives? Thanks in advance.

Downloads
    Uploads

Fives I believe is who bought Cincinnati Milicron? I could be wrong. But all I know is they are the ones to talk to to get any OEM stuff or tech support. There are other 3rd parties out there that can help. But Fives is as close to the manufacturer as you can get. I think. haha Here is the contact. Honestly, I dont know if I am allowed to send this. Sorry admins if I broke any rules here, delete this if I did. Just trying to help.

FIVES

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ACP View Post
    Hi Mike and thanks for chiming in. Excuse my ignorance what or who is fives? Thanks in advance.
    Cincinnati = aka Cincinnati Milacron, aka Cincinnati Machine, aka Mag, aka CMI, aka Fives.

Last place to buy them is Fives, a french company. They are still active supporting your machine out of Hebron, kY.

I am not in office so cannot give you the 1-800 phone no, but you should be able to get it off the internet easy enough.

Call them. Their techs will email you machine print for YOUR exact SN machine (have that ready when you call.

They will tell youo how our drives (we supplied the drives) meet UL, have all required thermal and overload protection and our motors have thermal thermostats built in. Maybe they will agree to talk to your inspector for you, or you get him in your shop and call Fives or something. Total nonsense. Sorry you are going thru that!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you guys. I have spoken to them and they have referred me to a their Canadian service company. So now just waiting to hear back from them. Thanks again. Will update on progress.

Downloads
    Uploads

Are you talking about the servo motors or the coolant and chip conveyor motors???

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    Are you talking about the servo motors or the coolant and chip conveyor motors???

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    Talking about the servo motors,spindle and tool changer