Arrow 2 1250C - Coolant Tank

Thread: Arrow 2 1250C - Coolant Tank

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arrow 2 1250C - Coolant Tank

I have had this machine for over a year now and so far I really do like it. Once I figured out all the quirks of the control and became efficient at using it, its just a great machine. I do however have 1 issue and wanted to see if others have this issue as well and if they have done anything about it. My coolant tank is way too small for such a large machine. There is so much space in the machine for coolant to be while running that the tank level drops so much and the coolant pump starts to airate the coolant and then starts drooping at the tools. I cannot add coolant however because once the machine stops running for a few minutes the coolant level goes right back to the top. If you add coolant in the middle of the program, when it ends you end up with coolant all over the floor from it overfilling. Does any one else have this issue? If so did you do anything about it? I want to add volume to the tank, just want to see how others have done so. I saw some pictures online of a 1250 for sale (not a 1250C), and that had a larger tank. More specifically, where the pump hangs out the side of the chip tray, they made that portion of the tank larger. If this makes sense? I think because mine is the 1250"C" and not the 1250, they gave me the smaller tank from factory. I think the "C" version is the larger table and enclosure on the 750 frame and the non "C" version is on the larger 1250 frame. This is what I think Fives machine told me at one point? I just want to beable to have the volume in the machine where it can be down a few gallons and still run without issue so I have that buffer to add half a bucket of coolant without overflowing. Either way, can I see your coolant tank set ups? Ill post a picture of mine shortly and one of the bigger tank that I have found. Thank you!

Added pictures. The second picture is my tank. WHere the tank comes out from under the chip tray, it stays skinny and doesnt really stick out that much further. I have seen them where they stick out the side of the machine so that would add 4 or 5 gallons to the volume. Or the other picture attached has a big tank that hangs off the side so it makes the shape of the tank like an "L". This would add volume to it and wouldnt add to the footprint of the machine as it would be under it. I am thinking of bring it to my weld and having him cut a hole in the back of the tank behind the pump and welding on more tank to it so that acts as a "hopper" for more coolant to be. I can make it as big or little as I want. I just want to see what others have done.