A2100 Search Function

Thread: A2100 Search Function

Downloads
    Uploads

Default A2100 Search Function

I have tried searching through my manuals and on forums and am unable to find my answer. Is there a search function to search through a program to quickly go to a line or tool and start running from that point? The only way I have found to "Search" is to click "Edit This Program" Click the binoculars, type in my search, then click "Run This Program" and it will run from that point. I have a few problems with this. 1. The time it takes to do all this its much quicker to page down through 7 lines at a time at the Machine screen to find what i am looking for. 2.by the time I do "Edit This Program" I find it still quicker to just page down as the pages are much much longer in Edit then they are in machine. I hope I am not the only one with this issue? My newer machine is way easy, just type in "T7" then hit arrow down and bam, I am at T7 in the program. Now I understand, this machine is from 2016 so makes sense, new technology. But my old Fanuc M6 and Meldas M3 controls on machines that date back to the 80's and 90's have an even simpler search funtion then this "Hi-Tech" A2100 control. Funny because the A2100 control is easy to set up for "dumb" machine operators which sometimes need to start a program from the middle of a program due to stopping in the middle of program for multiple reason. I feel that for operators this is too much work and I feel that I am missing something here. Please help me, this is a pet peeve of mine since I got this machine just over a year ago.

Machine is an Arrow 1250C with A2100 control.