Arrow 500 pull studs

Thread: Arrow 500 pull studs

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arrow 500 pull studs

Can anyone give me some spec's on the arrow 500's pull studs... pretty please.

The machine I have didn't come with any, long story short is this machine has been dead for 10yrs. So naturally all its tooling is gone.

The manual I've got has the total length of the pull studs at 19.25mm, thread shoulder to top. Some searches on the net give a 28mm from shoulder to the top of the 45 degree. I've tried both these and it still errors on draw bar. I've been told they are even longer than the 28mm units I have, but no luck getting my hands on one to see if the draw bar error is from pull studs.

So if anyone can run a vernier over theirs for me it would be much appreciated, before I pull apart anything.....

Cheers
    Colin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 500 pull studs

I do not have an Arrow 500, but I have an Arrow 1250C. The 1250C I guess is built on the smaller chassis unlike the 1250 which is on the larger Chassis. If your pullstuds need to be as long as you say they do, they may be the same as mine. Here are some pictures of the stud and the tube from where I bought them. They measure roughly 36.75mm from shoulder to top. These have been working in my machine since the day I bought it used just over a year ago with no issues. I hope this helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrow 500 pull studs-20170410_091456-jpg   Arrow 500 pull studs-20170410_091424-jpg   Arrow 500 pull studs-20170410_091435-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

You should contact FIVES MACHINE COMPANY 800-934-0735 in the USA and purchase a few. The part # should be on the front of the spindle housing or in the parts book.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

The pull studs I use are MADE in THE USA. Not quite sure where Fives pull studs are made? Nothing against FIVES, I have used them on many occasions. Just know some of their products are a bit pricey and can get elsewhere cheaper, but not all products are more expensive, you have to shop around.

Downloads
    Uploads

@ Mike: Yeah parts book is not something I have....but seriously looking at getting some more info as I resurrect this machine. Front side of the spindle....geez I hope so.
    @ Jordan: Those are cat40? being imperial and all? I'm no expert in this area, but my machine is BT40, which makes me wonder what is the difference between these....some more investigating to do.

I think you guys are right I need to call someone overseas, I'm in Oz, and no tool supplier can firmly tell me. I do believe this machine was made in the UK. All parts are metric in it, if that helps.

Downloads
    Uploads

Send us an e-mail and I will send you the operator manual that gives you the CINCI/FIVES part number for all the tool studs on page 2-24 of the book. It is about 5 meg in size. You need to order 2 or 3 from FIVES to get the correct size for your machine.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I had a few studs arrive from overseas today for the BT40's that I have...and they work So no more drawbar errors. It seems its time to actually put some tools into the machine and make it make something....crikey cheers for the help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Someone inquired about broken pullstuds. Had it happen a few years ago. !" dia ball end mill, big cut in solid block of aluminum, brand new Matsura (not sure about the spelling) stud broke, toolholder flew out of the spindle
    rather violently, scared the hell out of me. 2 weeks downtime. Had to buy a new spindle. The studs had machine marks at the shoulders. Looked like cheap imports. Bought new ones with nice ground radii. Stay away from cheap studs.

Downloads
    Uploads

If any one else searches on this....the studs that work are a total of 67.5mm long. The measurements that seem to matter is from shoulder to top of the first 45 degree is 32mm. Length from shoulder to top is 40mm. Top of the pull stud diameter is 15mm. These have 2 numbers on them A0034 and 1265672.

These come from Fives, and are through coolant ones....even though I don't have that. I've read many stories of damaging everything from pull studs after much searching for these. My spindle doesn't have part numbers on it...and I am guessing they probably got scraped off on moving as the machine was broken down into parts to get it out the hospital... or I am looking in the wrong spot

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arrow 500 pull studs-img_6174-jpg   Arrow 500 pull studs-img_6173-jpg