Need Help! Hawk200 no spindle feedback

Thread: Hawk200 no spindle feedback

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Hawk200 no spindle feedback

This has been an ongoing project, unfortunately, 2000 Cincinnati Hawk 200; purchased running over a year ago, when we get it into place, will not boot up; change out HDD. Next problem, computer power supply, then RT board battery, then Vickers power supply rebuild, then spindle drive rebuild and that's where we are now. It would fire up, home all axes and run spindle at low speed, but fault at higher speeds; that was when the drive was sent in. Spindle drive in, homes XZ, times out on C axis align, no spindle feedback. In the meantime, WS board battery that had 2.86 volts is dead, so battery is being changed. After the board is back in, are we going to see the same spindle error? Everybody is scratching their head at this point and has become a quest to make it pay me back by producing parts! While I wait, I think I will look at the wiring harness from the drive to the resolver? Any other ideas??

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hawk200 no spindle feedback

What drives do you have on your lathe, black ( Kollmorgan ) or badge ( Siemens ). If you have the rotating tool option then you may have a rotary scale between the spindle belts and the head-stock ( Hiedenhine) or you have a resolver/encoder with a timing belt around the rotating spindle. Check your prints and look at the back of the spindle to tell us what you have. How did you change out the hard drive and who changed it??

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    What drives do you have on your lathe, black ( Kollmorgan ) or badge ( Siemens ). If you have the rotating tool option then you may have a rotary scale between the spindle belts and the head-stock ( Hiedenhine) or you have a resolver/encoder with a timing belt around the rotating spindle. Check your prints and look at the back of the spindle to tell us what you have. How did you change out the hard drive and who changed it??

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    Kollmorgan drives, no live tool option, just standard 2 axis machine. Prints just show a resolver. I will look closer when I get back to the shop. Hard drive was sent off to Ed S. and a replacement SSD sent to me. Old drive arrived to him dead and not all files accessible, but he sent a floppy with it that we used after startup.

Downloads
    Uploads

Drive to resolver wire is fine. Drive to a2100 enc cable in question

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    Drive to resolver wire is fine. Drive to a2100 enc cable in question

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Waiting for return of WS board to proceed. Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

WS board back in and it runs, sort of. We have found that the main power to our building, just moved in recently, is overwhelmed by the draw at spindle start-up or large increases in speed; we checked when we moved in and it seemed fine at the time, with the draw we had, but as we have more machines come on line, the transformer on the pole feeding us is the issue, drooping to 200V; we're waiting on PG&E to put on a larger unit and increase feed wiring to us. Only 6-10 weeks....... our customers understand, NOT!!!