Arrow 750 A2100 Error 44-52

Thread: Arrow 750 A2100 Error 44-52

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Arrow 750 A2100 Error 44-52

We have a 2000 Arrow 750, last week we lost one phase on our incoming power. Luckily the mill was at idle, but it took a couple minutes until I figured out what had happened and shut the machine down.

When power was restored I found the PC power supply was fried (literally), so I replaced that with a new AT power supply. Upon boot I received a 44-52 C-Axis encoder fail. I tried power cycling to see if it cleared up - but no.

Pulled the DV5 board, cleaned the contacts, and looked for any fried components. Finding nothing visually wrong with the board I put back in. The 44-52 error was still present upon restart.

Went to the Servo Setup page and looked at each axis, giving them a physical wiggle to confirm the encoders are sending feedback data. No feedback data present for Port-1(C). Tried switching the connections on Port 1(C) and Port 2(X). The X axis scale was showing up under Port-1 in the Servo Setup page with data; but no data for Port-2 which now had the C axis connected and a corresponding alarm for X-axis, but no more C axis alarm.

So this in my mind rules out the DV5 board; but where to go next?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Arrow 750 A2100 Error 44-52

PinMach,
    Regarding the Spindle Encoder fault: 2000 Arrow 750
    Check out the Control Schematics x9120xxxxyyyyy that match those stamped on the machine serial plate. Look around page 26 or so for the Spindle Drive.
    I am assuming that your Drives are Black with a gold square strip.... VFS5 Spindle Drive and BDS4 Drives for the Axes
    Make sure that the machine is shutdown and Locked out. You will need an DVM Ohm Meter.
    Look for the "C3" connector on the VFS5 Spindle DriveAttachment 360824
    Make measurement per the picture attached and record.
    If the readings are good; it could be in the cabling, or VFS5 Spindle Drive; since you eliminated the A2100 DV5 card and Control.

G. Wood @ 859-534-4750 Fives-Cincinnati Technical Support