Arrow 500 no power up.

Thread: Arrow 500 no power up.

Default Arrow 500 no power up.

Right in the middle of a very high pressure project and my mill won't power up. So the computer boots fine but when i push the green button a second time to power up the servo controllers - nothing. With the E-stop pushed I get no error message and no light clicking from the cabinet. With the E-Stop pulled out, it get some light clicking and an error message (Axis drives not enabled - time limit) I don't have a schematic for the machine but I think the M20 contactor isn't pulling in. Any tips, suggestions?
    Arrow 500 SN 7042-A0B-98-1775 Control Diag 91203577
    (we would like to purchase a wiring schematic)
    Thanks,
    Greg

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Arrow 500 no power up.

Ooops. I've got the schematic. Forgot Mike E. hooked us up last time we had issues and had it stashed in another location. Trying to determine if there is 120v at M20 with the green button push.... That should tell us alot.

Put a wire tap under the OL1 (overload for the spindle brake) to measure if we had control voltage going to M20... Powered it up and pushed the green button for the second time and M20 pulled in. The machine started just fine. Great - now I have an intermittent problem.

Removed the meter from the tap and neutral, closed the cabinet and tried to power up... NO GO.

Opened the cabinet door and it powers up just fine. We've tested this theory a dozen times. The damn machine won't start up with the door closed. Really?! Off to making parts and I'll deal with this when we have time.

Downloads
    Uploads

Check the cables on the drives that the door pushes on when you close the door. You have a bad cable or a bad drive connector. Check the drive connectors.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Thanks Mike. Crazy to think that the disc drive cable, RS-232 or the parallel port cable could be causing this by rubbing on the (has to be) z axis encoder cables!?? We are making parts and for now that's all that matters. Perhaps after this, we may have to look at a new machine or getting a professional out here to give this one a serious 'once over'.

Power up failed this morning with the cabinet door open. I swung it to many different positions and nothing. Then I started gently putting some pressure on the connectors on the various boards. (I've already unplugged and reinserted all relays) I tried the start button after each light pressure. It started when I pushed on the Output Board / Input Card Link connector. We'll see if this is a consistent thing tomorrow.