Problem Interpolation problem on A2100 with BSD4 - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interpolation problem on A2100 with BSD4

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If this is not a Cincinnati Milacron machine that RPM/volt setting probably does not apply as that was based on the Cincinnati's configuration.
    We don't have enough info to know what yours should be so you should.contact the manufacturer to determinw what is correct for your machine. Even the gain suggested earlier doesn't necessarily apply to your machine.

Posting for help in the Cincinnati forum will by default get you suggestions that apply to Cincinnati's, which could make your machine worse if you blindly follow them. I still don't remember seeing what type of machine you have in this thread.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Interpolation problem on A2100 with BSD4

post #1, first line:

Hello!
    We bought Arrow VMC-1500 with A2100 and Kollmorgen BSD4 drivers. Machine works fine except one thing- it has a interpolation problem.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I noticed that after I posted, but was hung up on the later post saying he does not have a Cincinnati.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    What do you mean you do not have the Cincinnati?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Well, 45 years ago I had a V3 Cintimatic NC (paper tape), does that count?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mike_Kilroy View Post
    What do you mean you do not have the Cincinnati?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    I noticed that after I posted, but was hung up on the later post saying he does not have a Cincinnati.
    I believe the OP (cncwar) does have a Cincinnati but I don't. However getting the gain signals synced up makes perfect sense for any DC servo machine. The procedure may be a bit different on my machine with SD drives, but the concept is still the same. I can hang a 4 channel scope on it and watch both axis as I adjust. I should have thought of this before, I do motion control for a living.

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    My vote is paper does not count, but 45 years experience sure as h**L does! ha!

Same adjustment works on Servo Dynamics drives assuming you have the tach pot adjusted close enough to give you the range on the analog input scaling pot.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The info I gave was not for (JIM DAWSON) it was for (CNC WAR) with an A2100 control and the BDS4 is not a DC servo. The info I gave WAS based on experience with many machines of that type. It was meant to coincide with the setup information supplied by the OEM for that machine with that control using the BDS4 drives. I can send you the setup info if you need it. Jim, you are correct, we used a scope to setup the old DC drive many years ago but now with the A2100 control showing the gain, following error and many other servo related info on the servo setup screen we don't need to use a scope to setup a newer AC drive with the newer controls.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    If you press DISPLAY on the A2100 front screen then SERVO SET and go to servo 2 (X) or servo 3 (Y) you can see the values and adjust the gain and balance of each servo to match. You should set each servo to 205.4 rpm/volt then adjust the COMMAND SCALE on the BDS4 to get a gain of 2.0 when moving the axis at any speed. This takes 2 people to make this adjustment, one to shout out the gain number and one to adjust the pot on the drive.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    PERFECT!! Thanks for sending that to OP Mike!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

mike_Kilroy probably means the screen attached below. I knew this trick and of course adjust the gain so that following error was the same in both axis while runing at the same speed. In my opinion changing Kv adjust actually set gain- not only inform A2100 on what gain BSD actually works. As a confirmation i can tell You that if I changed Kv adjust the position error (following error) is changing. Any way it was set on my machine to get same parameters on all axes. It won't help. According to Your advice we are changed bearings on Y axes and now machine works within +- 0.014. I think without changing ballscrew OR/ AND nuts there is nothing i can do.

Thank all of You for help.

Regards
    cncwar.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Interpolation problem on A2100 with BSD4-wp_20170218_06_08_05_pro-jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12