Need Help! Cincinnati Arow 500 1995 Model ERE/ Tool Drum solenoid valve issue.

Thread: Cincinnati Arow 500 1995 Model ERE/ Tool Drum solenoid valve issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati Arow 500 1995 Model ERE/ Tool Drum solenoid valve issue.

The issue is intermittent. But a number of times when the carousel is returning to its parked position it will retract rather quickly and hit harder than it should.It does not occur when advancing to the spindle. Figured I would look into replacing the solenoid for the carousel.
    There is no name on the valve. Has anyone replaced this or rebuilt one of these before? If so where can I locate a new one or what might the process be for rebuilding it? Any help would be great.

Thanks
    Mark

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinnati Arow 500 1995 Model ERE/ Tool Drum solenoid valve issue.

You can adjust the speed of the retract and advance by adjusting the small screw in or out in the center part where the air line is connected to the front and back of the cylinder. You can also adjust the spring loaded cushion button. You should also look at your air supply.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a spring loaded stopper that cushions the return ( easy to find as it has a slotted lock nut on the back ). Clean and lube it .. Be careful if you change the settings on the fittings located on the cyls to speed up or slow down the motion as there should not be a need to do this if it is moving at a consistent speed . If it opens and closes when it should i would think the solenoid valves are fine , am sure you need to check the spring loaded stopper . good luck.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you for helping with the problem . The spring loaded damper seems to be functioning good. Depress and returns without a problem. But when the shop was off and quiet i looked into it a little more. When I manually move the carousel back and forth I can hear air at times escaping from the back air fitting on the end of the cylinder. Its the 90 degree fitting. It is not where the plastic tube enters in to the fitting its the other end of the elbow that is a steel fitting that enters into the quick disconnect. I tried to get some numbers off that elbow but cannot find any. Would that cause the problem of a quick return if it once and a while looses air on the return? I also noticed that my air supply was at 95 instead of 80 last night. I adjusted and the remainder of the night it did not perform a very fast return. Possibly both are the problem.Any idea where to purchase a new air fitting from that has the swivel?

Thanks
    Mark