Lancer 1250 Acramatic 2100 Multi Setup Questions

Thread: Lancer 1250 Acramatic 2100 Multi Setup Questions

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Lancer 1250 Acramatic 2100 Multi Setup Questions

Ok I just got this machine, and Ive had to learn a whole bunch of things. I have the manuals, but some things arent covered very well. Im used to typical Fanuc/Haas control. As far as tool offsets, I got all that with the tram height, measure tool, etc. Its nice not having to call G43 T#H#, just call the tool and it adjust automatically.

The biggest problem I have is this work offset system. I do a lot of "proving out" in MDI before I run a part, and all my jigs have reference marks on them for double checking. Im used to G54, 55, 56 etc. If I wanted to check jig zero, MDI I would just go G54, X0 Y0, Cycle start. On the Acramatic, Im way confused. This is basically how ive set it up. I G98 X0 Y0, move machine to MCS zero, G92 X0 Y0 to set my machine to X0 Y0. From there, my first jig zero is at X2.0 Y2.0, so I type that into the "multi setup table". The next jig is at X26 Y4.5, so I type that into line 2 of "multi setup table". After loading a test file on both setups, and running it to "X0 Y0 Z.125" on both pieces, it moves where I want it to, and stops.Which is fine for production.

NOW. If i want to move to "multi setup" position 1, (which would normally be G54), and I type in G00 X0 Y0, it goes to machine home X0 Y0, not setup one coordinates. Ive tried H, D, and O offsets, and nothing has worked, for any of the "multi setup" stuff. Im so damn confused. Im about to just figure out machine coordinates for all the jigs, translate all my parts in CAD, and start over. Id like to run 3-4 parts in different jigs at once, but with this is doesnt make sense.

If H is for the fixture setup, and D is for the NC program offsets, what is the O offset, and how do I switch between multi setup offset tables in MDI!!!!!!! G98 is mach coordinates, is it G98.#, G52.#???? Grrrrrr.

Another thing, if I say that "multi setup #2" is at X26, then run the test program to go to that setup, X0, it goes to Machine Coordinates X24. Theres a 2" offset in both X and Y thats being applied and its driving me nuts why. There a "center finder offset" thats in the setup page, but its set to ZERO. I wish this stupid thing took standard Fanuc style offsets as well as these. I dont need 64 offsets with 32 sub offsets.

Anybody know what the hell to do now?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lancer 1250 Acramatic 2100 Multi Setup Questions

I had similar problems and found the best way was to reset the G92 on each jig. Eg set first jig G92 X0 Y0 the when you move to next jig G0 X26 Y4.5, G92 X0 Y0 . Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Third-Gen View Post
    Ok I just got this machine, and Ive had to learn a whole bunch of things. I have the manuals, but some things arent covered very well. Im used to typical Fanuc/Haas control. As far as tool offsets, I got all that with the tram height, measure tool, etc. Its nice not having to call G43 T#H#, just call the tool and it adjust automatically.

The biggest problem I have is this work offset system. I do a lot of "proving out" in MDI before I run a part, and all my jigs have reference marks on them for double checking. Im used to G54, 55, 56 etc. If I wanted to check jig zero, MDI I would just go G54, X0 Y0, Cycle start. On the Acramatic, Im way confused. This is basically how ive set it up. I G98 X0 Y0, move machine to MCS zero, G92 X0 Y0 to set my machine to X0 Y0. From there, my first jig zero is at X2.0 Y2.0, so I type that into the "multi setup table". The next jig is at X26 Y4.5, so I type that into line 2 of "multi setup table". After loading a test file on both setups, and running it to "X0 Y0 Z.125" on both pieces, it moves where I want it to, and stops.Which is fine for production.

NOW. If i want to move to "multi setup" position 1, (which would normally be G54), and I type in G00 X0 Y0, it goes to machine home X0 Y0, not setup one coordinates. Ive tried H, D, and O offsets, and nothing has worked, for any of the "multi setup" stuff. Im so damn confused. Im about to just figure out machine coordinates for all the jigs, translate all my parts in CAD, and start over. Id like to run 3-4 parts in different jigs at once, but with this is doesnt make sense.

If H is for the fixture setup, and D is for the NC program offsets, what is the O offset, and how do I switch between multi setup offset tables in MDI!!!!!!! G98 is mach coordinates, is it G98.#, G52.#???? Grrrrrr.

Another thing, if I say that "multi setup #2" is at X26, then run the test program to go to that setup, X0, it goes to Machine Coordinates X24. Theres a 2" offset in both X and Y thats being applied and its driving me nuts why. There a "center finder offset" thats in the setup page, but its set to ZERO. I wish this stupid thing took standard Fanuc style offsets as well as these. I dont need 64 offsets with 32 sub offsets.

Anybody know what the hell to do now?

Downloads
    Uploads

I actually found through some Google searches there is a way to select the different setups through the setup button on the pendant. Now if I could find how to make a frill cycle actually go to the commanded depth, I'd be one more step ahead. I forget that the pendant has so much on it vs the older single panel setups like my kitamura.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I would suggest that you use FIXTURE OFFSETS and not multi setups if you are doing the same things on each jig with the same tool. DO NOT USE G92 IN THE PROGRAM TO OFFSET AXIS POSITION!!!!!!!

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Downloads
    Uploads

Meck, I'm running the multi setup since I'm running 2 different parts on 2 different jigs. I actually got it set up last night, still trying to figure out where this 2" X and Y offset is getting plugged in. I'm just using pallet offset to adjust it and so far it's been working fine. Ran my first parts at 4am last night. I'm sure there will be more questions soon.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

I run a multi set up Cincinnati in the aerospace field and a couple of questions how do I set up the sequence to run the setups in a sequence? One more question. When I'm doing an m-19 and spindle orientation becomes fixed x becomes the code for spindle orientation value we keep having to take a right angle head apart and adjust it and I I'm wondering if there is an offset x (spindle orientation)that I can just decomp that x number when running m19?