Need Help! Cincinnati VCNC 500 w/ Fanuc 21i-M controller.

Thread: Cincinnati VCNC 500 w/ Fanuc 21i-M controller.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cincinnati VCNC 500 w/ Fanuc 21i-M controller.

I recently purchased a V-CNC 500 that had been stored without proper backup of the machine parameters and ladder. We were able to load the SRAM from a flash card, but upon power up, we still get a ROM parity error. We tried zeroing the ROM by holding in the RESET and DELETE keys on the MDI panel while powering up, but still get the ROM parity error. We believe we are missing a number of critical parameter files. Thus far, we only have the following files that came on a floppy with the 2002 machine:
    SRAM0_5A.FDB
    PITCHERR.DAT
    RENBTBM
    RENCLANG
    RENESSP

The SRAM file loads to the CNC correctly, but we are unable to get a proper boot due to the ROM parity error. Does anyone know where to start on this issue?

Where can a valid list of files be found? Does anyone know how to obtain the ladder for this machine?

Thanks for responding,

Techtooler

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinnati VCNC 500 w/ Fanuc 21i-M controller.

We since have found the negative lead broken off of the battery on the CNC computer in the control panel. After reattaching it, we still get the same ROM parity error fault. Any one seen a similar case. Have been poring over the books and can't find how to correct. Have found a couple of button push sequences while powering on, that are supposed to reset all ROM to zeros, but none seem to work (RESET+ DELETE key, and right soft key + 6 to the left).

Does anyone out there have the same machine/controller config, that would be willing to email me some files? (2002 Cincinnati V-CNC 500 w/ FANUC 21i-MB controller)

Thanks in advance.

techtooler

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cincinnati VCNC 500 w/ Fanuc 21i-M controller.

Cincinnati Arrow, Saber, Lancer, or VCNC 500 w/ Fanuc 21i-M controller OEM Support.
    Call 859-534-4750 Technical Support 8am to 5pm (EST) formerly MAG-IAS Cincinnati, Cincinnati Machine, Cincinnati Milacron.
    The smallest machines we make today are over 30 to 150 tons. See our website: Fives Metal Cutting|Composites - Milling, Drilling, Turning machines