Any cons of Sabre 1000 before buying??

Thread: Any cons of Sabre 1000 before buying??

Default Any cons of Sabre 1000 before buying??

Hi guys,

i'm currently looking for an CNC vertical machning center i was offered an 1996 Cincinnati Milacron sabre 1000 . This is my first cnc machine so i'm not quite understand the main issues while buying\operating that type of machine.

So:

1. Is that machine (lineups) rigid and stable? I'm currently will not retrofit it so will be running via DNC and RS232 port
    2. What should i first check before buying?

Will be very appreciable for any advices!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Any cons of Sabre 1000 before buying??

I assume that this machine has a A2100 control, is that correct???? Where is the machine located?? Is the machine under power?? Can you see it run, tool change and spindle run???

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post
    I assume that this machine has a A2100 control, is that correct???? Where is the machine located?? Is the machine under power?? Can you see it run, tool change and spindle run???

Mike CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services
    Regarding to tech.info - yes, it has Siemens Acramatic 2100 . The thing is its located 600 km from my town and will go there tomorrow. And it's not in USA, by the way.
    The sellers says thats its in a fully operational condition and can make some cuts in my presence.

However, i wonder how such CNC machines could have been dissappeared from the market in such short terms?? Its has really astonishing parameters regardless the price - high speed and torque spindle, really fast feedrates, rail guideways and a huge travels. Maybe there's some catch in another place???

By the way, how can i check it's accuracy? Can you tell some simple G-code to cut some square or rect - 50x50mm for the depth of 10mm in aluminum with average feed rate?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! Did you check youtube channels? Once I faced such video and if I find it I'll give you a link. Those guy also tried to know the answer on similar questions as you.

Quote Originally Posted by meckardt55 View Post

I had checked it today, and it has heidenhain control panel. 1996 year. Operator.says that he ports programm to it with no problem. The only problems were with the limit stops and spindle belt

I have also the proposalsa for other machines with the same price:

Deckel Maho DC 50 V
    Hitachi Seiki VK45 2

Both have rs-232 port . Maybe i should check them??

Hi again.

The offered machine has Heidenhain TNC 415. But i also have an offer on machine with Acramatic 2100, but it costs 4000 USD more (years are relatively the same). So i do not know if i should stay with heidenhain or spend more $$$ for acramatic. However, i still be working through rs-232 port and do not know if the control panel will do me some difference on operating and, of cource, stability