Need Help! cincinnati arrow 39-99 alarm nca spindle drive fault bds drives

Thread: cincinnati arrow 39-99 alarm nca spindle drive fault bds drives

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Angry cincinnati arrow 39-99 alarm nca spindle drive fault bds drives

i have a 1997 cincinnati arrow 500 ,my issue is when i turn on the machine the system loads fine ,after control loads i press machine on button the contactor drops in for about three seconds and drops out ,i then get the alarm 39-99 spindle drive fault ,i had all the drives rebuilt by mike kilroy even had him double check all came back all a ok, i have been working on this machine for years trying to get it going i cant tell you how frustrating it is,has anyone experienced this befor maybe give me a direction to look in,the alarm says to look for a overloaded spindle motor or the regen resister is fault or spindle drive is faulty ,is thair any reset on the spindle motor ,is thair a way to check the regen resister, i sure would be greatfull if some one could steer me in the right direction

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Dang! I don't know what the guys did on your drives/checking - will ask fri when we all return to work. Meanwhile, what is alarm 39-99? Sounds from your comments like it is a spindle alarm? If so, can I watch it over the internet to see what is happening? I would be happy to if you have internet access by the machine and can plug a computer into the serial port on the VFS5 spindle drive; if you don't have the cable or need a usb to serial adapter I can send you these. Sorry to hear still not running!

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks mike ,the alarm is asociated with the spilndle drive,it says that either the spindle motor thermastat has triped ,i checked the wires and they have continuity making the circuit back to the drive so i moved away from that being the cause,second thing it says to look at is the regen resister breaker may have tripped ,i cant find anything wrong with it ,i moved away from that becouse i have continuity going through the breaker and the red control wires and the machine power does come on momentarly and the red control wires are part of that circuit,last thing it says is the drive has a issue,what i eliminated when i had you go through all the drives,is thair a way it could have gone bad becouse it been having issues ,is there a way i can by pass things to see if the drive is right instead of removing it ,thanks for the help once again

Downloads
    Uploads

can u paste picture of the alarm here?

do u have internet access to a computer u can plug into the spindle and let me interrogate it?

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

cincinnati arrow 39-99 alarm nca spindle drive fault bds drives-a2100-39-99-fault-jpgi will take a pic tommorow and paste it and try to find a cable for my laptop to the drive unit also ,one way or another i will get it hooked up ,if you look up cincinnati arrow drive in these posts their is a picture of the same error i think its on the first page of posts ,its the only post with pictures thay didnt give me anything to go on ,thanks,also after clearing that code a axis drive code comes up im assuming thats becouse thair is no machine power going to them,i will attach pictures of that also ,thanks ,thats one error today the error is a 39-83 i will attach a pic tommorow of that one

Last edited by lineborn; 12-31-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

send me an email and I will send you a reply with link for teamv software. include cell ph no so we can talk while checking it out too.

Mike@@@KilroyWasHere.com

Downloads
    Uploads

I've covered this in previous posts, but....

Kilroy may have already helped you through this, but the alarm is saying the control sees the spindle drive as faulted (or conversely, doesn't see the spindle drive as ready). Although the most obvious cause for this is a spindle drive fault, if, as you have said, the drive checked out OK when inspected by a reputable repair shop, then it is likely not the drive. The next step is to watch the spindle drive while you have someone else power up the machine, or better yet, connect to the drive to read out the fault codes. If it faults, you need to check into the items you listed in your post, but if it doesn't fault, it is more likely that the control just isn't seeing the input, and you need to figure out where the signal is getting lost.