Lancer Acramatic programming problem

Thread: Lancer Acramatic programming problem

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lancer Acramatic programming problem

Wrote and proved a couple programs for cutting arcs on 8 segments of material comprising an ~12' Dia. circle. Ran one piece and everything was just fine. Went to run the second and all my radii are now off by 1.125". I'm not running any cutter comp just using 6" face mill, have a safety block with G40. I could understand if it where off by an amount of 3" but 1.125 I just don't get. I realize that I have not provided a tremendous amount of detail here but is there anything I could be overlooking?
    Just a simple program:

F90 G01 X28.6658 Y7.0925 Z4.7
    F90 G03 X-28.6658 Y7.0925 P67.23

I am not a good programmer but I can usually get the job done; I have a feeling I'm being dinged by possibly some parameter in the controller that I am not aware of or a conflict between tool file and active tools, manually loading all tools right now because of problems with the ATC on the Cinci Lancer 2000. Had a friend work out my numbers since we don't have any CAD/CAM software

Any comments, questions or request for more info please ask,
    Thank you for any help.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Disclaimer: I'm a lathe guy so everthing I say could be wrong!

Seems to me that to cut a 72 inch radius with a 6 inch mill then you need to program a 75 inch radius. I'm guessing that would be the P dimension in your program. If I'm correct then the starting & ending points are most likely also incorrect.

Come on some of you mill guys - chime in.

Last edited by Technical Ted; 12-16-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

My guess would be, try a "g80", (cancel canned cycle ) in the beginning and end of your program. Just my guess for the change in radii.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Arc de'triumph

Well I think I got it whipped took a little from each of your suggestions and came up with: IJK define center point tweeked the end points pulled in the radius and Bobs your uncle.

Thanks for the suggestions much appreciated