I have used the accelerated mold design package, with and without inserts for the cavities and cores. I like the ejector pocket and ejector trim when it works. There are times when it is just destin to fail. Part of this could be operator error and part to do with poor geometry from the part creator. We have found that Catia can have some of the nastiest models when the user is not on top of the game... those are the ones I get quite often. If the parts are clean and stitched we still use ProE for the mold design, it is really hard to beat, but when you have to go to surfacing and unstitched models Cimatron is a better choice. There are times we will start a design in ProE, then after a day or so of struggling to get a closed solid start spliting it in Cimatron as well. Ussually I can split a really ugly part a good bit faster than the ProE guys but I can't keep up making drawings for the shop floor. They need to do something to speed up drafting and make it more powerful. I realize that drafting templates save a ton of time but the ProE guys have them too and theirs work faster, not to mention I am still working on setting up all of mine and all of theirs are already created.
As far as accelerated mold design I have found that I like to add a sub-assembly to the fixed half and the moving half before I create the mold base. This is where all of the components are kept with regards to the cores, cavities, slides, and lifters. It seems to make it easier for me to keep track of things. I am still pretty new to design though so I may change my ways... I am open to suggestions.