how many Cimatron users are here - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: how many Cimatron users are here

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi! we're looking to upgrade to cimatron E11, as of to date, we are still using cimatron it13. can someone point me out the advantages to using the new version? CAD advantages and CAM advantages. high speed machining etc. thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, we've been using Cimatron here in our mold shop for ca. 10 years now. I've only been here 3 yrs. though - in this time we've gone from e8.5 to e9 to e10 to e11.

I've actually never heard of it13, what year was it published? from the screenshots I see when I do a search it looks pretty old - 10 yrs?

to answer your question- If you can afford it go for it! e11 is way better than e8.5 so I can only imagine what the difference to it13 will be. e11 is so powerful and pretty and visual and fast it will blow your mind. We do high-powered injection mold design, our code runs to 1-2 million lines regularly.

what do you do? if you just do 2.5d job-shop stuff e11 though fun is way too powerful you'll never use a 10th of it's power. then you may as well save 10k and get mastercam.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cimatron IT 13 came out in 2002, and was the last version of IT. Those that used it know how good it was. But all things get .... old.
    The product went through a necessary re-write to make Cimatron E.
    At first the NC technologies were no different. But now 10 years of NC development seperate IT13 and E11. Only a few of the IT cutter path types remain and are stored as "legacy' procedures. Cimatron E is extremely powerful and flexible. IT had a lot of good options in it and E is even more so. Try it out, get a feel for what to pick as surfaces and boundaries, then see what you think.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: how many Cimatron users are here

Quote Originally Posted by Netsark View Post
    if you just do 2.5d job-shop stuff e11 though fun is way too powerful you'll never use a 10th of it's power. then you may as well save 10k and get mastercam.
    I don't believe that Mastercam is $10k cheaper than Cimatron.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mastercams list is about 5k less than Cimatron. Cimatron is awesome for 3d but VERY weak in 2 1/2 axis. That is the only thing that Mastercam is better (much better) at than Cimatron.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cimatron is much stronger and easier 5-axis than MasterCam.

Downloads
    Uploads

It 13 it's the most powerful soft on earth
    Only if you know how to apply all the element
    That is there....

Downloads
    Uploads

Just started using Cimatron. Former Solidworks user. Wish there were more videos like Solidworks has. Heading for training next week.

Downloads
    Uploads

hello i need cimatron 3 axis 4 axis and 5 axis posts. I also need an angled head post for 3 axes. For working in G18 G19 planes. Fanuc Siemens haidenhain please help. erkan-cadcam@hotmail.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234