Total newbie here, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Daniel, and I own a small manufacturing company here in Nashville TN.
For most of our products, we use either Tempered Hardboard or ABS plastic sheets, about .25 in thickness. In the past we have outsourced the cnc part of our operation, but after the 2nd POOR quality batch of material we received, we want to possibly look into an inexpensive machine to handle it ourselves.
Needless to say, that is why I am here. There is no question about the authority in this forum. The reason I posted this in the Chinese section of the forum, is because I am 100% going to purchase a less expensive Chinese machine, and from what I have read, they are just as good as the expensive machines, especially for the light duty work we will need (maybe 10-20 4'x8' sheets a month)
Now, although I like to think I know a lot of things, the truth is that I would like to be treated like a total idiot when replying . Although I am technically inclined, I have absolutely no clue as to the workings or types of cnc machines.
Here is a sample of basically what we need to do would prefer in terms of simplicity:
1) load a 4'x8' (.25 thick) sheet of material in to a machine and be able to do the following:
2) Be able to cut that 4'x8' sheet into 9 pieces of approx 32" x 16" (and other sizes).
3) Be able to make holes, with and without a counter bore.
4) Be able to make grooves (all the way through).
5) Be able to put a slight rounded bullnose around the edges of each piece.
6) Be able to round the corners of each piece ever so slightly
Is there a machine that can do ALL of this?
We would love to NOT have to touch the 4'x8' sheet at all once we load it, but we also know this may not be a possibility.
I mean wouldn't it be great if you could load a sheet and have 9 pieces FINISHED, drilled, nosed, and routed, without any more moving/positioning?
So what can u guys recommend based on my needs?