Warning about seller "cnccomponent" and "happytoyou2011"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning about seller "cnccomponent" and "happytoyou2011"

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Warning about seller "cnccomponent" and "happytoyou2011"

Some of you might have noticed Ebay seller "cnccomponent", selling a desktop CNC router labeled as "2016" (the mechanical part seems to be the same as the Sable 2015, but the 2016 includes a cable carrier, an encoderless servo as a spindle, and all the electronics in the same small blue box used in most desktop hobby-level chinese machines).

Edit: They now changed their name to "happytoyou2011"

Well, I got this machine 2 or 3 months ago; let´s start with the problems:

- It took a while to ship after they said they would; strangely enough, it seems like they shipped my machine ONLY after asking for the expected tracking number (a few days after the day they told me they'd send it).

- They said it would be shipped in a wooden box, and I got a cardboard one.

- The paint job is horrible (paint missing and scratches everywhere)

- Leveling AND squaring problems (fixed by adjusting some screws)

- The splindle was wired BACKWARDS (it was spinning in the wrong direction); easily fixed, though. Good thing I noticed it before trying to plunge into something.

- No ground at all in the controller.

- One of the spare brushes included is in an unusable state.

- Cabling inside the controller box is extremelly tight, every wire is as short as it can be, hence some seem very prone to break apart from their plugs if forced.

Now for the "good" stuff:

After seting the machine up all seemed to work fine, until... I heard a "tic". I watch the machine only to realize the motors (all 3 of them) are sometimes moving on their own! It's continuous rotation, so I think "what the hell, my step signals are getting interference?". I start to freak out, thinking it might a problem with my new house's electrical installation or some external interference (I had just moved to a new house; my diy machine is on my workshop, since my new house is too small to have it here; no problems with my diy machine, btw). I was (still am) doing some repairs in my workshop so taking the small machine there was a no-go. I tried to figure out the problem to no avail. Then, about three weeks ago, I finally was able to take the machine to my workshop and do (and re-do) some tests:

- Grounding the power supply stabilized the voltage, but the problem persists.

- Grounding the machine frame didn't help either (no surprise here, considering the possible "extra step pulses" nature of the problem)

- Disabling the box's power supply and plugging an identycal one at a small distance (just in case the problem is interference caused by how close the psu is to the driver) didn't work either.

- Replacing the parallel cable was no good either.

- Raising the current on each axis: there seems to be a very small improvement, but still no good, and by no means a fix. Torque improved quite a bit, but I don't like the idea of leaving it at max even when the motor's aren't getting near warm, so I lowered it down a little. The problem is mostly (let's say 99%) on a single axis, but I remember having seen erratic behaviour on the other two as well.

So... it seems to be a driver board problem.

The random nature of the problem makes it difficult to see in detail. Longest work I've been able to do with the machine was about half an hour long, but a lot of times the problem can appear at the beggining of a work as well, destroying the material, so it's not a machine I'd trust.

I got the machine planning to resell it after testing, adjusting (leveling, squaring) it, and building a nice enclosure (built the day after receiving it). Now all I have is the most expensive paperweight I've ever had. The paint job makes the machine look no-good, so I'd even have to explain to any potential seller it wasn't used (now even I am not sure of that), but I really can't sell a machine as unrealiable as this one. Hell, I wouldn't sell it even if the problem happened once in a week.

I sent the seller an email explaining my problem a couple of weeks ago: no reply. Then last week I sent a new email, saying that I'm not even asking for a full controller box, but the bare driver board would be enough (I'd rather get that instead of nothing). Of course, not a single word from them.

It seems cnccomponent is the "we have your money, it's your problem now" kind of company/seller.

The board is labeled YOO CNC (and a number, which I can't recall right now; the yoocnc-number combination didn't give me any clue on Google anyway). It seems YOO CNC (I've seen their machines on Ebay) produces the machines/drivers and some chinese people/companies resell them, or something like that.

So... I'll have to spend money I don't have in order to buy new drivers and finally be able to sell the damn thing. I'm thinking about getting an Easy-CNC (Mechatronics) bipolar 3-axis board to get the machine working again, as people seem to like it and it's not so expensive on Ebay. Too bad I'll probably have to make a new enclosure to fit the servo-spindle driver as well, since the Easy-CNC board will most likely not fit in there. It'll will make my paperweight even more expensive. Actually, it is the most expensive thing I've EVER bought; the DHL shipping and customs alone nearly doubled the final price, but I decided to pay that just to be sure that the machine would arrive in fully working condition (yeah, right...) and didn't get lost in transit, but hey... at least after replacing the driver it will actually work so as to be able to sell it and finally turn the page to this horrible episode, even if I have to sell it at no gain; I just don't want to place my eyes on the damn thing ever again. I'm an independent CNC hobbyst trying to turn it into a job; I love what I do and I'm slowly trying to make a living out of it, and I sure could have used that money for some other things (damn, I didn't get a VFD and ballscrews so I could get this piece of junk?).

Well, that's it. I'm angry, I'm sad, I feel ripped off, I feel stupid, and I hope people will see this topic before buying anything from these guys, so they won't end up feeling like I do now if something goes wrong.

Thanks for reading this.

Tomás

Similar Threads:
    Last edited by ger21; 01-11-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting..After reading my mind exhaustednow i have to take a cup of tea...

http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry for the bad experience. Your experience is one of the reasons I buy little to nothing directly from China. If I can't afford to throw it away, China does not get my business.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey walkey, I have a very similar problem with my 3020 I have just recieved. The servos are dead solid and work flawlesley untill I start up the spindle, at which time the X,Y and Z axis start drifting at about a revolution every 20-30 seconds.

I have tried everything you have described, but found if I remove the spindle from the machine the servos stop moving even with the spindle at full RPM. If I touch the spindle anywhere on the milling housing the servos start moving again. The only thing I can think of is insulating the spindle from the housing, which will hopefully reduce any eddy currents in the chassis. I will try this tonight and let you know if it works.

Shawn

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just insulated the spindle from the chassis and the servos are dead solid again even with the spindle at full tilt.

I guess it was eddy currents being set up in the chassis and producing noise in the servos.

Downloads
    Uploads

Did you already leave feedback? Ebay has specific descriptions for a listing's condition. "New" is new, "New Other" is new with an explanation, etc. Customer service improves very quickly with the appropriate feedback.

Jim

Downloads
    Uploads

you should have immediately opened a dispute thru ebay , it may be too late to do it now but it would be worth a try , it should at least help to get their ass's in gear to resolve the issues

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by 2300nel View Post
    I just insulated the spindle from the chassis and the servos are dead solid again even with the spindle at full tilt.

I guess it was eddy currents being set up in the chassis and producing noise in the servos.
    That's good to hear, 2300nel

Sadly it's not the same with my machine; the steppers move even with the spindle off.

Your 3020 is one of those machines from "diycnc" or "ahtoku"? I thought those used steppers, or did you add the servos later?

Since I don't have a credit card, it's a friend of mine (who lives in another city) the one who managed everything about the purchase (I don't even have an Ebay account), so I don't know much about Ebay's complaints mechanics and don't want to bother him too often either. At first I thought it was a problem with my home electrical installation, so I wasn't as sure it was the machine's problem as to complain at that time. Sadly, my friend gave him a good feedback right after I received the machine and told him it seemed to work ok (remember the problem is not constant, so I didn't notice it at first); I actually didn't know he did so until I checked cnccomponent's feedback some weeks ago and saw his feedback there. About the paint issue, it was a relatively minor issue and I didn't want to bother my friend with something like this.

My friend told me it's too late to do anything within Ebay's policies, but I'll tell him to try and open a dispute anyway to see what happens, thanks for the advice.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

A little advice for anyone buying on the internet with a credit card: You have all the leverage.

Paypal has convinced people that they are some powerful company. In fact all they are is a credit card processing company. They are nothing special. If you paid with a credit card, simply call the number on the pack and tell them you'd like to make a claim on a purchase. Tell them you were sold something online. It does not work. You want it fixed or your money back but the seller will not help. Your credit card company will put the charge in contention. If the seller does not step up, you'll get your money back and most likely keep the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Seems there's no use in trying to deal with those guys; well, they lost a customer, maybe more. Today I purchased some bipolar drivers from Probotix to replace the chinese crap, their service is light years better than the machine seller's.

Downloads
    Uploads

They now changed their name to "happytoyou2011", be careful. I checked their ID record and it's not the first time they change their name; I thing their reason to do this is pretty obvious.

Is it possible for a moderator to add that name to the topic's title? Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Project View Post
    DO NOT BUY FROM!!! Shan Chen - Chinese ebay seller cscs219
    I have been completely cheated by this guy!!!
    The Router is terribly made and the seller is not trusty.

I bought a 4 axes 24x40 cnc router that arrived damaged due to very poor packaging. After a long, hard struggle with the seller cscs219, I got 500 UDS as a refund for the damaged parts.

When finally I want to test the machine axes I find that they did not move at all and I discovered that:

X- Z leadscrews are too shorts to allow coupling correctly to the stepmotors, they would need to be replaced.

All aluminium and iron mounting plates made from the seller are so poorly made that they are impossible to true at the right angle, holes either are not at the right angle. All the ugly aluminium and iron mounting plates have to be completely redesigned and machined.

X nema 34 stepmotor it is a very old one; it has not label, has been badly repainted and the shaft has been re-machined so badly that looks hand filled. Also wires are partially cut and they are in very bad condition.

The big aluminium X axes supports has not been faced, as a result they are not even nor flat at all; they also need to be at least faced to permit axes alignment.

A axes mounting plates are very poorly made too. Also need to be redesigned.

The router assembly is very poor all around.

Instructions also are terribly poor and they are not for the machine I bought.

I hope nobody more get cheated by this seller

I will update and post photos.
    You are in wrong post, they are different seller, do not mix together or remove

DO NOT BUY FROM!!! Shan Chen - Chinese ebay seller cscs219

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy YOOCNC problems

Hello - I bought one of these engraver / mills from a dealer in Sydney about a year ago. A lot of problems were caused by a break in one wire in the X cable running to the X stepper motor. I ran a substitute cable outside the loom and the machine has worked very well up until today, when the X axis threw a tantrum. The controller is, as suggested in the title, a Chinese YOO brand, and I have found no information about it or spare parts for it on the net. The recent problem involved the X-axis ceasing to function halfway through a lettering job, and the rest of the job simply finishing as a straight line.....When trying to track the cuter head using the arrow keys on the computer the X axis intermittently would stop, reverse direction on the same arrow key, or change from one direction to the other. Switching off the YOO computer and then restarting it restores function to the X stepper for an unpredictable interval....I'll post again if and when I find the cure for this bizarre behaviour. The Sydney seller did supply a new X cable, and sold me another spindle motor, as the first one (admittedly declared clearly to be a used motor) burnt out after a few weeks. If anyone has an easy answer I'll be ecstatic! Peter

Downloads
    Uploads

Is it the YOOCNC T62-3AX?

The quality control was horrible on this board, the heatsink was very roughly made (not even deburred), to the point that it implied a danger of creating a short circuit. I changed the drivers with a 3-axis Sidestep from Probotix and all is good now; I still have the yoocnc board just in case I can somehow find what's going on with it, so I can use it for some non-cnc project.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cable problems...

Hello Walky - thanks for your reply. I worked out what was causing the X axis to behave so erratically - there must be a break in one of the four wires in the control cable running to the stepper motor. When this cable is transferred to another axis, at both ends, the problem appears there....This is the second cable to develop a fault - early in the piece the Z-axis cable had such a fault, and this resulted in that motor trying to bore its way through to China (or wherever is diametrically opposit to South Australia!) Think I'll make my own cables if I can using wires less brittle than the originals...Hope this helps someone else having similar problems....

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the detailed information. I has stopped me from wasting my money also, I was just about to purchase from YOOCNC¡ª¡ª¾*¼ÃÐÍ΢СÊý¿Øµñ¿Ì »ú¹©Ó¦ÉÌ directly, but after reading, no way.

Downloads
    Uploads

hey walky
    I brought a 3040 from I think it was happyshopping or something like that but it was a YOO controller also and it was doing things nearly the same very erratatic and the same though it was the wires maybe broken and it arrived in a damaged box, but to cut a long story short. YOO has been using a prirate copy of Mach3 to set up there controllers and guess what it doesnt work with the real macoy so I ended up with a patch to fix it and since that was installed it has been running like a dream so this could be your problem too. I try Kcam and it worked OK with that but seeing as I had Mach3 already I wanted to use that.
    I still have it and can send it to you if you want to try it
    Also my spindle died after 2 cuts, I just replaced it with a cheap router does the trick

John

Downloads
    Uploads

had a similar experience during the last 3 months with lovehappyshopping3/zhen_deng/world-etrade (they use all three names) with a laser have used the laser for a mass total of 3 hours and have had the laser power supply replaced twice because it keeps blowing up.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wires break due to 2 reasons

1. they are substandard
    2. the bend radius of cable carriers are very small,

you could probable solve the problem by resolving any of these two or both.

just my 2c

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cnc goes walk about

After purchasing my 6040 cnc machine for portmouth, which came from China as so many seem to do. I had to rebuild it again from scratch, nothing was square, and all information supplied was useless and machine was dangerous as there were no earths supplied, but parts were ok, so when it was rebuilt I cut my first job, all seemed well until machine started walk about in the y.

I then read the download manual that came from site and all configurations seemed correct, until I downloaded a Mach3 manual which show that in the configurations the dir pulse is active high and should be active low, note when you change this you will need to reverse direction of motor, as it changes direction.

There is also another post that may help you (walky)which explains that the logic voltage output for step and direction are slightly on the low side for the input impedance of the parellel port, if there is still a problem i can post this link to you which explains how to fix it.

hope you get your cnc working
    all the best Stevebusking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast